gc 6.7.4 support discontinued?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Chapin Klein

gc 6.7.4 support discontinued?

Post by Chapin Klein »

The GraphicConverter 6.7.4 toolbox pane, running on OS X Mavericks appears to be broken. All the tool icons appear as Graphic Converter program icons. Perhaps it is time to buy GC 8? Or, could there be an easy fix for this rudimentary user?Sincerely,chapinbk@yahoo.com (a proud owner of GC 6)--chapinbk@hotmail.com508-257-1430
thorstenlemke

Re: gc 6.7.4 support discontinued?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,Apple did drop the support for many toolbox calls with 10.9.The 6.x was designed for 10.4 (!).Please use the current 8.8.2 on a current MacOS.ThorstenOn 23.11.2013, at 16:25, Chapin Klein <chapinbk@hotmail.com> wrote: The GraphicConverter 6.7.4 toolbox pane, running on OS X Mavericks appears to be broken. All the tool icons appear as Graphic Converter program icons. Perhaps it is time to buy GC 8? Or, could there be an easy fix for this rudimentary user?
chapinbk

Post by chapinbk »

Advance apologies for trivial question. After buying GC8 upgrade, I entered my registration name incorrectly. I entered "<my name> Serial", by accident. Is there a way to correct this mistake? Thank you for your valuable service. I deleted application folder, lemkesoft.de/en download, also .plist file before re-downloading, and re-installing. Faulty registration is still active. ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <lemke@...> wrote:Hello,Apple did drop the support for many toolbox calls with 10.9.The 6.x was designed for 10.4 (!).Please use the current 8.8.2 on a current MacOS.ThorstenOn 23.11.2013, at 16:25, Chapin Klein <chapinbk@...> wrote: The GraphicConverter 6.7.4 toolbox pane, running on OS X Mavericks appears to be broken. All the tool icons appear as Graphic Converter program icons. Perhaps it is time to buy GC 8? Or, could there be an easy fix for this rudimentary user?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,just quit GraphicConvertertrash ~/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/trash ~/Library/Preferences/com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.*Launch GC and you will get the registration dialog again.Thorsten On 30 Nov 2013, at 18:17, <chapinbk@hotmail.com> <chapinbk@hotmail.com> wrote: Advance apologies for trivial question. After buying GC8 upgrade, I entered my registration name incorrectly. I entered "<my name> Serial", by accident. Is there a way to correct this mistake? Thank you for your valuable service. I deleted application folder, lemkesoft.de/en download, also .plist file before re-downloading, and re-installing. Faulty registration is still active.
chapinbk

Post by chapinbk »

That does not seem to work. I am still registered as "<name> Serial".  ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <lemke@...> wrote:Hi,just quit GraphicConvertertrash ~/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/trash ~/Library/Preferences/com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.*Launch GC and you will get the registration dialog again.Thorsten On 30 Nov 2013, at 18:17, <chapinbk@...> <chapinbk@...> wrote: Advance apologies for trivial question. After buying GC8 upgrade, I entered my registration name incorrectly. I entered "<my name> Serial", by accident. Is there a way to correct this mistake? Thank you for your valuable service. I deleted application folder, lemkesoft.de/en download, also .plist file before re-downloading, and re-installing. Faulty registration is still active.
John Joseph McVeigh

Re: I am still registered as " Serial".

Post by John Joseph McVeigh »

On 30 Nov 2013 09:52:53 -0800, chapinbk@hotmail.com wrote: > just quit GraphicConverter > trash ~/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/ > trash ~/Library/Preferences/com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.* > > Launch GC and you will get the registration dialog again. > That does not seem to work. I am still registered as "<name> Serial". Try trashing the items again, emptying the trash, immediately restarting the computer, and then launching GC again after the boot-up process has completed. Does that make any difference? John Joseph McVeigh Butler, Maryland USA
chapinbk

Post by chapinbk »

Much appreciated.  ---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <kd4vs@...> wrote:On 30 Nov 2013 09:52:53 -0800, chapinbk@... wrote: > just quit GraphicConverter > trash ~/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/ > trash ~/Library/Preferences/com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.* > > Launch GC and you will get the registration dialog again. > That does not seem to work. I am still registered as "<name> Serial". Try trashing the items again, emptying the trash, immediately restarting the computer, and then launching GC again after the boot-up process has completed. Does that make any difference? John Joseph McVeigh Butler, Maryland USA
Nelsn Helm

low-res icons

Post by Nelsn Helm »

The images in my icons and/or previews are so compressed that I can see the blocks compressed. They are worse than nothing. With nothing, OS 10 makes pretty good previews on the fly.Help? _____________________Nelsn Helm4112 Massie Av 3Louisville, KY 40207-2179
thorstenlemke

Re: low-res icons

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Nelsn,please e-mail a sample file and a screenshot.Thorsten On 18.12.2013, at 02:08, Nelsn Helm <helmkyny@clockwinders.net> wrote: The images in my icons and/or previews are so compressed that I can see the blocks compressed. They are worse than nothing. With nothing, OS 10 makes pretty good previews on the fly.Help?
Nelsn Helm

Re: low-res icons

Post by Nelsn Helm »

The first four, GC made the icons.The second four are as they came from the camera (thru GC?) On Dec 17, 2013, at 11:56 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Dear Nelsn,please e-mail a sample file and a screenshot.Thorsten On 18.12.2013, at 02:08, Nelsn Helm <helmkyny@clockwinders.net> wrote:The images in my icons and/or previews are so compressed that I can see the blocks compressed. They are worse than nothing. With nothing, OS 10 makes pretty good previews on the fly.Help? _____________________Nelsn Helm4112 Massie Av 3Louisville, KY 40207-2179