OS X TWAIN-SANE

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
The Avenue Agency

unsubscribe

Post by The Avenue Agency »

=====================Melinda EisnaugleThe Avenue Model & Talent Agency1209 4th Avenue North, Suite BNashville, TN  37208615.293.9648 (office)407.310.4469 (mobile)Visit Melinda's blog!  On Dec 12, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Peter Fackelmann <pfackelmann@gmx.net> wrote:   Paul - I use Epson Scan and never had a problem. It work independent from an Epson scanner. Regards Peter Am 12.12.2013 um 15:30 schrieb Paul Cawte <pcawte@gmail.com>: > Yes. > > What puzzles me is that I can't get it to produce any DEBUG information. > > Following the instructions on the OS X SANE web site: http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/faq.html - as copied and pasted below > > Scanning using the scanimage program works, but when I try to use the TWAIN SANE Interface it doesn’t work > > Start the application from the command line instead of doubleclicking on its icon. If your application is of the CFM (Code Fragment Manager) type, you must start it using the LaunchCFMApp application like in the following two examples. Since the command line in these examples are long, they have been broken into several lines. If you type them on one line you should skip the \ signs that tells the shell the command continues on the next line. > > To obtain more information you can set the debugging environment variable for your backend to a reasonable number. > > For bash: > SANE_DEBUG_〈name of your backend in capitals〉=n \ > /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Support/LaunchCFMApp \ > /Applications/GraphicConverter/Contents/MacOS/GraphicConverter > > As I understand, GC8 is a Cocoa application so I don't the CFM stuff - so to debug TWAIN I just launch with:- > > SANE_DEBUG_HP=255 /Applications/GraphicConverter.app/Contents/MacOS/GraphicConverter > > The only output I get however is directly from the GC8 application and not from the TWAIN SANE interface > > 2013-12-12 21:03:54.371 GraphicConverter[3446:507] Unknown class 'SUUpdater', using 'NSObject' instead. Encountered in Interface Builder file at path /Applications/GraphicConverter.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib. > 2013-12-12 21:03:54.374 GraphicConverter[3446:507] Could not connect the action checkForUpdates: to target of class NSObject > > Not sure what any of this means - but looks to be nothing to do with the scanner. > > I've also tried various other SANE debug options:- > • SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB > • SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_THREAD > as suggested on the http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/faq.html page. In all case I get the same result, no debug information from the SANE interface. > > When I do File->Scan->Scan with TWAIN in GC8, after the "Important TWAIN Notes" I get the Select Data Source screen, but there is nothing to select in it - see attached screen shot. > > <image.png> > > I've tried all this with GC8 in both 64-bit and 32-bit modes. > > I've tested that TWAIN interface does work by using it from LibreOffice - so I guess it's something about the interaction between GC8 and TWAIN-SANE. > > Do you know if there is a way to get DEBUG output? > > Paul > Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais
thorstenlemke

Re: OS X TWAIN-SANE

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Paul, simple e-mail a copy of your purchase receipt to lemke@lemkesoft.de (as written on our website). I will issue a new license key. Thorsten On 12.12.2013, at 16:22, Paul Cawte <pcawte@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Thorsten, > > Yes that was the problem. Scanning works now. > > But I no longer have a licensed version - is there some way to get a license key for this version without having to pay again. > > > BTW, it's probably worth noting this issue somewhere - so doesn't catch other people out. If I'd known at the outset I wouldn't have used the app-store version. > > Thanks > > Paul > >
Paul Cawte

Re: OS X TWAIN-SANE

Post by Paul Cawte »

Just sent it. Thanks for resolving this issue. Paul Thorsten Lemke 13 December 2013 02:45 Dear Paul,simple e-mail a copy of your purchase receipt to lemke@lemkesoft.de (as written on our website).I will issue a new license key.Thorsten------------------------------------Yahoo Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email : Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/join (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: gcmac-digest@yahoogroups.com gcmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to: http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/ Paul Cawte 12 December 2013 22:22 Hi Thorsten, Yes that was the problem. Scanning works now. But I no longer have a licensed version - is there some way to get a license key for this version without having to pay again. BTW, it's probably worth noting this issue somewhere - so doesn't catch other people out. If I'd known at the outset I wouldn't have used the app-store version. Thanks Paul Paul Cawte 12 December 2013 21:47 Do I just download and install over the version from the App Store? I presume it will just pick up the licence key somehow. Or do I need to delete the current version first to get rid of the sandboxing? Thanks Paul Thorsten Lemke 12 December 2013 21:34   Hello,ah - do you maybe use the Mac App Store version? TWAIN sane may not work due the Apple Sandboxing.Please download the normal version from http://www.lemkesoft.comThorsten Paul Cawte 12 December 2013 21:30 Yes. What puzzles me is that I can't get it to produce any DEBUG information. Following the instructions on the OS X SANE web site: http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/faq.html - as copied and pasted below Scanning using the scanimage program works, but when I try to use the TWAIN SANE Interface it doesn’t work Start the application from the command line instead of doubleclicking on its icon. If your application is of the CFM (Code Fragment Manager) type, you must start it using the LaunchCFMApp application like in the following two examples. Since the command line in these examples are long, they have been broken into several lines. If you type them on one line you should skip the \ signs that tells the shell the command continues on the next line. To obtain more information you can set the debugging environment variable for your backend to a reasonable number. For bash: SANE_DEBUG_〈name of your backend in capitals〉=n \ /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Support/LaunchCFMApp \ /Applications/GraphicConverter/Contents/MacOS/GraphicConverter As I understand, GC8 is a Cocoa application so I don't the CFM stuff - so to debug TWAIN I just launch with:- SANE_DEBUG_HP=255 /Applications/GraphicConverter.app/Contents/MacOS/GraphicConverter The only output I get however is directly from the GC8 application and not from the TWAIN SANE interface 2013-12-12 21:03:54.371 GraphicConverter[3446:507] Unknown class 'SUUpdater', using 'NSObject' instead. Encountered in Interface Builder file at path /Applications/GraphicConverter.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib. 2013-12-12 21:03:54.374 GraphicConverter[3446:507] Could not connect the action checkForUpdates: to target of class NSObject Not sure what any of this means - but looks to be nothing to do with the scanner. I've also tried various other SANE debug options:- SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_THREAD as suggested on the http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/faq.html page. In all case I get the same result, no debug information from the SANE interface. When I do File->Scan->Scan with TWAIN in GC8, after the "Important TWAIN Notes" I get the Select Data Source screen, but there is nothing to select in it - see attached screen shot. I've tried all this with GC8 in both 64-bit and 32-bit modes. I've tested that TWAIN interface does work by using it from LibreOffice - so I guess it's something about the interaction between GC8 and TWAIN-SANE. Do you know if there is a way to get DEBUG output? Paul -- Paul Cawte t: +62 811 133 0252  e: pcawte@gmail.com