Default 100% view?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Albert Steg

Default 100% view?

Post by Albert Steg »

Recently, I've been finding that certain .jpg images I pull off the web or discover in my files are displaying at Viewing sizes less than 100% when I open them. For instance, I'm looking at one now that I double-click to open and it's displaying at 20%. When I click at the lower left corner and choose "View at Original Size" it remains at 20%. But then if I choose "View as 100%" it expands appropriately and displays the full-size image. I always assumed that 100% was the same as "Original Size" but I guess there's a distinction. Is there an image setting someplace where I can set the file to open at 100% -- I infer that this must be a file-specific setting, since these images are also "displaying small" in other contexts. In case it matters, I'm running Version 8.5.1 on Mac OSX 10.9.1 Thanks for any help. albert
thorstenlemke

Re: Default 100% view?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,that happens if the resolution setting in the JPEGs is not 72 ppi.Just go to the prefs part general/window content and select “Always 100%”.ThorstenOn 06.01.2014, at 15:31, Albert Steg <asteg@mindspring.com> wrote: Recently, I've been finding that certain .jpg images I pull off the web or discover in my files are displaying at Viewing sizes less than 100% when I open them. For instance, I'm looking at one now that I double-click to open and it's displaying at 20%. When I click at the lower left corner and choose "View at Original Size" it remains at 20%. But then if I choose "View as 100%" it expands appropriately and displays the full-size image. I always assumed that 100% was the same as "Original Size" but I guess there's a distinction.Is there an image setting someplace where I can set the file to open at 100% -- I infer that this must be a file-specific setting, since these images are also "displaying small" in other contexts.In case it matters, I'm running Version 8.5.1 on Mac OSX 10.9.1Thanks for any help.albert