Waiting......

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Gnarlodious

Waiting......

Post by Gnarlodious »

Why do I have to wait 9 seconds to open GraphicConverter? -- Gnarlie
thorstenlemke

Re: Waiting......

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Gnarlie,no other sich report.Does it open a browser by default?Thorsten On 06.01.2014, at 23:17, Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@gmail.com> wrote: Why do I have to wait 9 seconds to open GraphicConverter?-- Gnarlie
Gnarlodious

Post by Gnarlodious »

I am not even using the new GC because it is unusable. When I launch it makes me wait 9 seconds before I can do anything. I paid full retail price and all I see is bugs I don't have time for. I want my $40 back. -- Gnarlie On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hi Gnarlie,no other sich report.Does it open a browser by default?Thorsten On 06.01.2014, at 23:17, Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@gmail.com> wrote: Why do I have to wait 9 seconds to open GraphicConverter?-- Gnarlie
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

Yeah it takes 11 seconds on a newer MackBook running GC 8 and Snow Leopard and 5 GB RAMsThis program is HUGE at nearly half a GB....I've been with this GC since 2003 University of Arizona Mars Rovers Project told me to get it to 'decode' their images it is worth all of the price to me!!!It has to go through layers of Apple's OS-X which slows it due to it being like a third party app,wayne eligur <wde891011@gmail.com>10:32 PM (3 minutes ago)to gcmacI think it is because the computer has less than 8 GB RAMs and is a 2009 the loading time. I mean,,,,
Gnarlodious

Post by Gnarlodious »

I am referring to a window that blocks access to the application because it thinks I didn't pay. I feel like I was swindled, because I paid but still have to wait...-- Gnarlie On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:36 PM, <eligurwayne@yahoo.ca> wrote:   Yeah it takes 11 seconds on a newer MackBook running GC 8 and Snow Leopard and 5 GB RAMs This program is HUGE at nearly half a GB....I've been with this GC since 2003 University of Arizona Mars Rovers Project told me to get it to 'decode' their images it is worth all of the price to me!!! It has to go through layers of Apple's OS-X which slows it due to it being like a third party app, wayne eligur <wde891011@gmail.com> 10:32 PM (3 minutes ago) to gcmac I think it is because the computer has less than 8 GB RAMs and is a 2009 the loading time. I mean,,,,
Hisashi T Fujinaka

Post by Hisashi T Fujinaka »

45 seconds. MBPr 2012 2.7 GHz i7, 16GB RAM, paid for the program. -- Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com BSEE(6/86) + BSChem(3/95) + BAEnglish(8/95) + MSCS(8/03) + $2.50 = latte
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Jan 06, 2014, at 23:41, Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@gmail.com> wrote:I am referring to a window that blocks access to the application because it thinks I didn't pay. I feel like I was swindled, because I paid but still have to wait...______________________________________________________________________Hey Gnarlie,If you've properly entered your serial number you shouldn't have this problem.What version of GC?Which Mac OS?What hardware?--Best Regards,Chris
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Gnarlie,what is the exact problem? Did you try to trash the prefs? What happens now?Do you use the current 9.0.2 or the current 8.8.3?Did you enter your license key? You did say in the other e-mail you get the registration dialog. So, maybe you did not enter the license key.Normal launch time is around 1-2 seconds.Sometimes delays are caused by bugs in 10.9.x. I have sometimes a 5-10 second delay in other apps like Preview, too.  But that is a bug in Maverick. I hope that Apple will solve that soon.Thorsten On 07.01.2014, at 06:11, Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@gmail.com> wrote: I am not even using the new GC because it is unusable. When I launch it makes me wait 9 seconds before I can do anything. I paid full retail price and all I see is bugs I don't have time for. I want my $40 back.-- Gnarlie
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,not normal. Please trash the prefs as written in the help menu under item troubleshooting.Or do you maybe have a very large iPhoto/Aperture database? Please follow the steps under help/optimizationThorsten On 07.01.2014, at 07:07, Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com> wrote: 45 seconds. MBPr 2012 2.7 GHz i7, 16GB RAM, paid for the program.
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

I see something like this.GC-9 opens the program in a couple of seconds. I have it open on the options window and by clicking on 'open a browser' it then takes a slow count of 8-9 seconds to open the folder.Note the program opens in 1-2 seconds  and a folder opens in a slow count of 8-9 (perhaps 9 seconds)I have the latest i5, 27-inch, middle range motherboard offered with 3.2 GHz speed at 16-gig ram, normally the folder being opened is on an external hard-drive that may be the typical 5400 rpm drive, on USB-2.As such, I don't expect the opening of a folder from a typical external drive to be faster.Gnarlie, is your program opening experience like mine, with an external drive being accessed?Mike BauersSent from  my iPhone On Jan 6, 2014, at 11:11 PM, Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@gmail.com> wrote: I am not even using the new GC because it is unusable. When I launch it makes me wait 9 seconds before I can do anything. I paid full retail price and all I see is bugs I don't have time for. I want my $40 back. -- GnarlieOn Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hi Gnarlie,no other sich report.Does it open a browser by default?Thorsten On 06.01.2014, at 23:17, Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@gmail.com> wrote: Why do I have to wait 9 seconds to open GraphicConverter?-- Gnarlie