Batch Conversions in GC9 - help!

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Albert Steg

Batch Conversions in GC9 - help!

Post by Albert Steg »

I've just upgraded to GC9 for the Mac and am finding the 'Batch' conversion windows baffling. I am used to working with GC7, because when I upgraded to 8 I also found the new windows confusing so I stuck with 7, but now 7 isn't working well with Mavericks so I have made the leap to 9. My most common use for GC is to take a folder of images, apply uniform changes (scaling, auto-cropping), then weed out the poorer images and finally rename the ones that remain. Nothing fancy! So, the problem: When I have a folder of images open in the browser, and I select all the images, then select "Convert & Modify" am getting a new window (the orginal browser disappears) with the Convert/Modify commands on the left, okay . . but the "From:" and "To:" folders of images on display aren't the ones I had open in the window! On the left, I am seeing a *previous* folder I worked on, and on the right is a seemingly random folder in the same directory as the one I was working on. Then I have to navigate back to the proper folder all over again. So -- how can I make GC understand that when I select images in a window and select "Convert" that it's *those images* that I'd like to convert? In GC7 a separate control panel simply opened up, so the selected images were always clearly the ones being modified. Secondly, I also have saved various "Batch & Format" commands, which GC9 appears to have imported accurately from my earlier version -- for instance, one I always use with these three options checked: Batch: Crop_Scale Destination: Convert to Subfolder Format: JPEG/JFIF In GC7 I would click "Go" and the subfolder would appear with the cropped scaled images. In GC9, I click the 'Convert' arrow button . . . but I'm not getting the selected conversion -- instead, GC9 is performing the last 'Rename' conversion I performed on a previous folder! This feels like a bug - I'm totally baffled. Is there a different button or command for executing the Batch & Format I'm supposed to be clicking? I'm afraid I must say that while the newer versions of GC have a better more modern "look" to them, the navigation of the older versions seems much more intuitive. Any help appreciated. Again I'm finding I have to fall back to version 7 to get my work done and I'm getting desperate. Albert MAC OSX 10.9.1 GC 9.0.2
thorstenlemke

Re: Batch Conversions in GC9 - help!

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,convert and modify does open here the current browser folder at the middle.The right folder is the last one.Can I please get your batch for testing?Do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?ThorstenOn 07.01.2014, at 15:23, Albert Steg <asteg@mindspring.com> wrote: