Will "Layout" ever come back?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
intentionallyleftblank

Will "Layout" ever come back?

Post by intentionallyleftblank »

Are there any plans to resurrect the Layout function in Graphic Converter. I know it was old and hadn't been maintained, so it was dropped in version 7 (I believe). I found it to be very useful, and I would love to see it brought back. If there are not plans to bring it back, then I'll seek an alternative when I need that functionality.Thanks.David
thorstenlemke

Re: Will "Layout" ever come back?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi David,thanks for your e-mail.I got only four requests for it during the last three years.ThorstenOn 02.02.2014, at 18:58, <intentionallyleftblank@yahoo.com> <intentionallyleftblank@yahoo.com> wrote: Are there any plans to resurrect the Layout function in Graphic Converter. I know it was old and hadn't been maintained, so it was dropped in version 7 (I believe). I found it to be very useful, and I would love to see it brought back. If there are not plans to bring it back, then I'll seek an alternative when I need that functionality.Thanks.
rboy505

Post by rboy505 »

Thorsten,Make that five  :  )  I was disappointed to discover it is no longer in the program.  I used it often.  The quickest and easiest way to do a lot of things, including getting the most out of expensive print paper.David in BrooklynHi David,thanks for your e-mail.I got only four requests for it during the last three years.Thorsten
Alan Dow

Post by Alan Dow »

Of course inclusion of a feature must be weighed against the time and resources required to implement. However, for the record, this is one reason I still have a copy of GC6 on my computer, as I occasionally still use the layout feature. Perhaps there are alternatives? I have been lazy to investigate, as GC6 still works. .. AD ----------------------------- On 08 Aug 2014 14:37:19 -0700, rboy505@yahoo.com [gcmac] wrote: > > > Thorsten, > > Make that five : ) > > I was disappointed to discover it is no longer in the program. I > used it often. The quickest and easiest way to do a lot of things, > including getting the most out of expensive print paper. > > David in Brooklyn > > > > > > Hi David, > > thanks for your e-mail. > > I got only four requests for it during the last three years. > > Thorsten > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear David,I will not reimplement the old Layout feature.But you can already do that with GraphicConverter 9.Create a new empty image. Now paste all graphics to new layers.You can modify and move each layer. So, you can already do more than with the old Layout feature.Thorsten Thorsten,Make that five  :  )  I was disappointed to discover it is no longer in the program.  I used it often.  The quickest and easiest way to do a lot of things, including getting the most out of expensive print paper.David in Brooklyn