Question about browse rename

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Myron Molnau

Question about browse rename

Post by Myron Molnau »

I use the Browser a lot, especially to rename files. At the right side of the toolbar is the Action Dropdown Menu which has many very useful functions, one of them is the rename function. I use this repeatedly and always have to use the mouse to select the Action menu, then pull down to the Misc menu item and then over to the Rename. This involves a lot of mouse movement and it can get very tiresome. Most of the time I am adding text to the front of the filename. There is a Batch function but it adds a constant text to the filename and I want to add different text each time the process runs. I would like to be able to assign a keystroke or something like a Batch process to do select the rename. I do have Keyboard Maestro but I cannot get it to do all this. Any ideas? Many thanks. Myron
thorstenlemke

Re: Question about browse rename

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,just press command + E to invoke rename.ThorstenOn 06 Feb 2014, at 05:20, Myron Molnau <myron@turbonet.com> wrote: I use the Browser a lot, especially to rename files. At the right side of the toolbar is the Action Dropdown Menu which has many very useful functions, one of them is the rename function. I use this repeatedly and always have to use the mouse to select the Action menu, then pull down to the Misc menu item and then over to the Rename. This involves a lot of mouse movement and it can get very tiresome. Most of the time I am adding text to the front of the filename.There is a Batch function but it adds a constant text to the filename and I want to add different text each time the process runs. I would like to be able to assign a keystroke or something like a Batch process to do select the rename.I do have Keyboard Maestro but I cannot get it to do all this.Any ideas?
Myron Molnau

Re: Question about browse rename

Post by Myron Molnau »

Thanks, This solved my problem. This is one of those cases where I probably should have spent more time looking for the shortcut. I have been using GC ever since the first version and still don't know all the possibilities it offers! Thanks again. Myron