Create mac Service or use for script "Convert" button

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
otrokhymchuk

Create mac Service or use for script "Convert" button

Post by otrokhymchuk »

Hello everyoneGraphicconverter 9 for mac has button "Convert" on browser window.How can I use this button in Applescript or in Automator to make a service.The point is to convert a folder with PSD files to JPG from finder, with preset settings, like JPG 80%, use batch to filter only PSD files and convert in subfolder, etc.. That folder may have a lot of subfolders and the result should include all subfolders.I found how to use convert service, but it only allows me to change the quality of JPG and save it in the same location where the PSD file was located.Did anyone bother with the same question here?
thorstenlemke

Re: Create mac Service or use for script "Convert" button

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,simple use the convert file applescript command.It needs as parameters: source file, a saved batch file and the destination folder.ThorstenOn 02.05.2014, at 12:45, trokhim@gmail.com wrote: Hello everyoneGraphicconverter 9 for mac has button "Convert" on browser window.How can I use this button in Applescript or in Automator to make a service.The point is to convert a folder with PSD files to JPG from finder, with preset settings, like JPG 80%, use batch to filter only PSD files and convert in subfolder, etc.. That folder may have a lot of subfolders and the result should include all subfolders.I found how to use convert service, but it only allows me to change the quality of JPG and save it in the same location where the PSD file was located.Did anyone bother with the same question here?
otrokhymchuk

Post by otrokhymchuk »

Thorsten Lemke,Can you please update the image you attached?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,how should I update it?Thorsten Can you please update the image you attached?
otrokhymchuk

Post by otrokhymchuk »

Thorsten Lemke,I thought you attached an image in your reply and it doesn't open, but obviously it is some kind of a signature.And you wrote to use convert file applescript command.Maybe you have a link to an example of how it's used? That would really help.But anyway, thanks for your answer :)Best Regards,Oleksandr 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Oleksandr,just a basic sampletell application graphicconverterconvert file “/Volumes/NAS/sample.jpg” using batch “/Volumes/NAS/samplebatch” to folder “/Volumes/NAS/Result"end tell Thorsten Lemke,I thought you attached an image in your reply and it doesn't open, but obviously it is some kind of a signature.And you wrote to use convert file applescript command.Maybe you have a link to an example of how it's used? That would really help.But anyway, thanks for your answer :)Best Regards,Oleksandr