Ratings and tags and EXIF dates

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
havema1

Ratings and tags and EXIF dates

Post by havema1 »

Hello,I used GC browser and slideshow to give a rating of 0-5 to a few thousand old digitized slides.- I then used the browser's "Show ratings * or better" and tagged ratings as1 = red2 = orange3 = yellow4 = greenI had to use some tweaks to make 5 = blue because GC has no "Show rating 5" option. Could that be added?Initially I planned to tag the images so that rating 5 would have ALL tags but GC does not seem to support multiple tags? But a single tag was enough for my purposes.I noticed that the ratings are much more robust than tags because some operations like importing/exporting from iPhoto lose the tags.I like the added tags because they make sorting the images easy via the Finder.- iPhoto seems to use its own rating system? Is it possible to copy the GC ratings to iPhoto ratings?- About EXIF: I first used GC to roughly give the same EXIF date to groups of 100 slides. But when exported to iPhone, the photo app put them in the wrong order eventhough the filenames should sort properly.So I used iPhoto which allows the user select a bunch of photos and give them an EXIF date starting from a certain time. I chose to give the following photos EXIF dates in 1 second increments. I then used iPhoto's "show photo in Finder" and copied them elsewhere.Does GC support giving EXIF dates in 1 sec/min/hour etc increments like that?thanks,- Matti
thorstenlemke

Re: Ratings and tags and EXIF dates

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,sorry, this is not possible with iPhoto.I can only extract the iPhoto data from the database.Thorsten - iPhoto seems to use its own rating system? Is it possible to copy the GC ratings to iPhoto ratings?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,yes, just use in the context menu in the browser: Actions/Metadata/Set exif date. You can set the start date and the increment.Thorsten Does GC support giving EXIF dates in 1 sec/min/hour etc increments like that?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I added it now:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten I had to use some tweaks to make 5 = blue because GC has no "Show rating 5" option. Could that be added?
havema1

Post by havema1 »

> sorry, this is not possible with iPhoto.> I can only extract the iPhoto data from the database. I meant that is it possible to use GC to copy GC's rating info to some other metadata in the images that iPhoto might understand. So that when that image is imported imported to iPhoto, iPhoto would show its own ratings.Or does iPhoto use a proprietary internal-only rating system so it ignores any rating metadata in the imported images? > Actions/Metadata/Set exif date. You can set the start date and the increment. Thanks for pointing that out! I must have been blind because I didn't notice or understand the increment option before.- Matti
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,sorry, iPhoto do not support the standard iptc/xmp rating (which is used by GraphicConverter, too). There is currently no way to import ratings into iPhoto from files.That is only supported from more professional apps.ThorstenOn 07.05.2014, at 20:57, <matti.haveri@gmail.com> <matti.haveri@gmail.com> wrote: I meant that is it possible to use GC to copy GC's rating info to some other metadata in the images that iPhoto might understand. So that when that image is imported imported to iPhoto, iPhoto would show its own ratings.Or does iPhoto use a proprietary internal-only rating system so it ignores any rating metadata in the imported images?