GC 9.2 (1620)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 9.2 (1620)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,that is really curious.1. Please verify the disk permissions with the Apple disk tool.2. Trash prefs manually:- quit GraphicConverter- trash ~/Library/Preferences/com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter9.plist and the other lemkesoft plists that the MacOS may have created for backup and cachingWhat happens now?Thorsten On 17.05.2014, at 19:26, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Thorsten,The normal version from your website.Larry
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten,I seem to have narrowed down the problem a bit - seems to be with the refresh of the browser.I. Open the browser,2. Select and open several images,3. Close browser,4. Edit images and save (no problems so far),5. Open browser again - all OK,6. Select thumbnail for an edited image - the preview shows the edited version, the thumbnail is the unedited image ….7. All OK so far,8. Option click in thumbnails area and select refresh - GC hangs.Other actions in the browser that initiate a refresh also result in a hand, for example, deleting an image from the browser.So far I have:a) Deleted preferences several times,b) Used Onyx to delete all caches,c) Completely uninstalled and deleted everything I can find related to GC, restarted Mac, downloaded new GC file and installed again - must have cleared most things to do with GC as I had to re-enter license code.d) Images are all on an external firewire HDD, so no permissions - repaired with Apple Disk Utility several times, although no faults reported,e) Repaired permissions on system HDD,f) Used Onyx to clean, repair, delete anything and everything ….Problem still there :-(some time later - OK - seems to be an issue with the specific external firewire HDD. If I open the browser on image files on the system HDD or other external HDDs, the problem doesn’t occur.I have in total around 60 GB of images on the external HDD with the problem - could the number of images be an issue?LarryOn 18 May 2014, at 13:32, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Larry,that is really curious.1. Please verify the disk permissions with the Apple disk tool.2. Trash prefs manually:- quit GraphicConverter- trash ~/Library/Preferences/com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter9.plist and the other lemkesoft plists that the MacOS may have created for backup and cachingWhat happens now?ThorstenOn 17.05.2014, at 19:26, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Thorsten,The normal version from your website.Larry
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,I just use the file system. So, the number doesn’t matter.Thorsten On 18.05.2014, at 17:18, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I have in total around 60 GB of images on the external HDD with the problem - could the number of images be an issue?
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten,In the process of copying all the images files to another HDD, to check what happens with the browser on a different HDD - 30 mins to copy across ...LarryOn 18 May 2014, at 16:41, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Larry,I just use the file system. So, the number doesn’t matter.ThorstenOn 18.05.2014, at 17:18, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I have in total around 60 GB of images on the external HDD with the problem - could the number of images be an issue?
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten,So, having copied all the images across to another HDD, I still have the same problem … not the HDD.Tried stopping Spotlight indexing the HDD - problem still there.Most odd ….LarryOn 18 May 2014, at 16:48, Larry Stoter <larry.stoter@gmail.com> wrote: Thorsten,In the process of copying all the images files to another HDD, to check what happens with the browser on a different HDD - 30 mins to copy across ...LarryOn 18 May 2014, at 16:41, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Larry,I just use the file system. So, the number doesn’t matter.ThorstenOn 18.05.2014, at 17:18, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I have in total around 60 GB of images on the external HDD with the problem - could the number of images be an issue?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,one idea: what happens under a new user?Thorsten On 18.05.2014, at 18:30, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Thorsten,So, having copied all the images across to another HDD, I still have the same problem … not the HDD.Tried stopping Spotlight indexing the HDD - problem still there.Most odd ….Larry. 
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten,OK - I’ll try that …Spindump taken during GC hang attached - not sure if that tells you anything?Larry
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 9.2 (1620) [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Larry,that helps. The hang is deep inside the Apple FireWire communication.Please e-mail a spin dump for the DEBUG BETA.ThorstenOn 18.05.2014, at 18:49, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Thorsten,OK - I’ll try that …Spindump taken during GC hang attached - not sure if that tells you anything?Larry<Spindump.txt>
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 9.2 (1620) [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,many thanks. There seems to be an issue in the Apple mmap command.I changed the access now.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten On 18.05.2014, at 19:15, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: Hi Larry,that helps. The hang is deep inside the Apple FireWire communication.Please e-mail a spin dump for the DEBUG BETA.ThorstenOn 18.05.2014, at 18:49, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Thorsten,OK - I’ll try that …Spindump taken during GC hang attached - not sure if that tells you anything?Larry<Spindump.txt>
thorstenlemke

Re: Animated GIFs - GC 9.2 (1620)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThat does fix it.ThorstenOn 17.05.2014, at 19:19, STEVEN FRANK stevenfrank@mac.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Normal. Just open an animated GIF and press the little play button.Runs through all frames and stops.SteveOn May 17, 2014, at 1:00 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Steve,slideshow or normal display?Thorsten.