GC 9.2 (1620)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Larry Stoter

GC 9.2 (1620)

Post by Larry Stoter »

Just downloaded the latest release … Saving images is excrutiatingly slow …. Larry Stoter
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 9.2 (1620)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,no such problem here.Please try to trash the prefs.ThorstenOn 16.05.2014, at 21:44, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Just downloaded the latest release …Saving images is excrutiatingly slow ….Larry Stoter
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten,Have done both several times - no improvement. Also increased memory and disk cache in case there was an issue there - no effect.See also my subsequent e-mails.Issue seems to be with thumbnail generation …..Could this be anything to do with:1. All my images are stored on an external firewire drive?2. Also just upgraded to OS 10.9.3 more or less at the same time as upgrading GC?Thanks,Larry On 17 May 2014, at 08:57, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Larry,no such problem here.Please try to trash the prefs.ThorstenOn 16.05.2014, at 21:44, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Just downloaded the latest release …Saving images is excrutiatingly slow ….Larry Stoter
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Larry,first: I changed nothing in the thumbnail creation from the 9.1 to the 9.2.Also, I use myself now 10.9.3. My photo are on a slow usb disk. Even that works perfect.So, can I maybe e-mail a debug version and you create a spin dump upon hang?Do you use any antivirus software?Thorsten On 17.05.2014, at 10:12, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Thorsten,Have done both several times - no improvement. Also increased memory and disk cache in case there was an issue there - no effect.See also my subsequent e-mails.Issue seems to be with thumbnail generation …..Could this be anything to do with:1. All my images are stored on an external firewire drive?2. Also just upgraded to OS 10.9.3 more or less at the same time as upgrading GC?Thanks,Larry
STEVEN FRANK

Animated GIFs - GC 9.2 (1620)

Post by STEVEN FRANK »

Animated GIFs used to loop. No more :-( Steve
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Hi Thorsten,I see from other comments that one other person has the same problem while others don’t.I have just also noticed that while I have trashed the preferences again, to no effect, this doesn’t seem to be actually trashing the preferences - parameters I have changed from the defaults remain where I set them, as though GC is using preferences from somewhere else …OK - completely uninstalled GC with all associated files and restarted Mac. This certainly cleared the preferences, as I had to reset a number of parameters.Problem still there … :-(Not using any anti-virus software …..Let’s try the debug version, please.Thanks for your help,regards,LarryOn 17 May 2014, at 09:38, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi Larry,first: I changed nothing in the thumbnail creation from the 9.1 to the 9.2.Also, I use myself now 10.9.3. My photo are on a slow usb disk. Even that works perfect.So, can I maybe e-mail a debug version and you create a spin dump upon hang?Do you use any antivirus software?ThorstenOn 17.05.2014, at 10:12, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Thorsten,Have done both several times - no improvement. Also increased memory and disk cache in case there was an issue there - no effect.See also my subsequent e-mails.Issue seems to be with thumbnail generation …..Could this be anything to do with:1. All my images are stored on an external firewire drive?2. Also just upgraded to OS 10.9.3 more or less at the same time as upgrading GC?Thanks,Larry
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?ThorstenOn 17.05.2014, at 18:34, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi Thorsten,I see from other comments that one other person has the same problem while others don’t.I have just also noticed that while I have trashed the preferences again, to no effect, this doesn’t seem to be actually trashing the preferences - parameters I have changed from the defaults remain where I set them, as though GC is using preferences from somewhere else …OK - completely uninstalled GC with all associated files and restarted Mac. This certainly cleared the preferences, as I had to reset a number of parameters.Problem still there … :-(Not using any anti-virus software …..Let’s try the debug version, please.Thanks for your help,regards,Larry
thorstenlemke

Re: Animated GIFs - GC 9.2 (1620)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Steve,slideshow or normal display?Thorsten On 17.05.2014, at 14:15, STEVEN FRANK stevenfrank@mac.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Animated GIFs used to loop.No more :-(Steve
STEVEN FRANK

Re: Animated GIFs - GC 9.2 (1620)

Post by STEVEN FRANK »

Normal. Just open an animated GIF and press the little play button.Runs through all frames and stops.SteveOn May 17, 2014, at 1:00 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Steve,slideshow or normal display?ThorstenOn 17.05.2014, at 14:15, STEVEN FRANK stevenfrank@mac.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Animated GIFs used to loop.No more :-(Steve
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten,The normal version from your website.LarryOn 17 May 2014, at 17:52, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi,do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?ThorstenOn 17.05.2014, at 18:34, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Thorsten,I see from other comments that one other person has the same problem while others don’t.I have just also noticed that while I have trashed the preferences again, to no effect, this doesn’t seem to be actually trashing the preferences - parameters I have changed from the defaults remain where I set them, as though GC is using preferences from somewhere else …OK - completely uninstalled GC with all associated files and restarted Mac. This certainly cleared the preferences, as I had to reset a number of parameters.Problem still there … :-(Not using any anti-virus software …..Let’s try the debug version, please.Thanks for your help,regards,Larry