GC 9.2 (1620)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
William H. Magill

Interesting update experience GC 9.2

Post by William H. Magill »

I finally got around to updating from 8.x to 9.2 After downloading from lemkesoft.com and copying it to the directory I keep GC in (not Applications), I launched it. The Icon went bouncing for some time, before finally going into "Application not responding." I had to Force Quit it. Launched it again. -- same thing, had to force quit. Launched it a third time -- this time I got the Gatekeeper message -- "...Downloaded from the Internet...." and was able to enter the license key. Strange. OSX 10.9.3 T.T.F.N. William H. Magill magill@icloud.com magill@mac.com whmagill@gmail.com
thorstenlemke

Re: Interesting update experience GC 9.2

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear William,that is a MacOS issue.The software itself get called the first time after the Gatekeeper message.ThorstenOn 26.05.2014, at 18:11, 'William H. Magill' magill@mac.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I finally got around to updating from 8.x to 9.2After downloading from lemkesoft.com and copying it to the directory I keep GC in (not Applications), I launched it.The Icon went bouncing for some time, before finally going into "Application not responding."I had to Force Quit it.Launched it again. -- same thing, had to force quit.Launched it a third time -- this time I got the Gatekeeper message -- "...Downloaded from the Internet...." and was able to enter the license key.Strange.OSX 10.9.3T.T.F.N.William H. Magill magill@icloud.commagill@mac.comwhmagill@gmail.com
buckyjunior

Re: Interesting update experience GC 9.2

Post by buckyjunior »

Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General tab.Select the radio button "Anywhere" for "Allow apps downloaded from:". I'm certain that Herr Lemke is an identified developer so you could select "Mac App Store and identified developers."You can now open your Graphic Converter and authorize it with your password.Return to System Preferences and reselect a level for allowing applications. As the sole user of my computer, I have "Mac App Store and identified developers."Hope that's clear and succinct.Bucky
----------------------
Using GraphicConverter to convert graphics since version 4.3
----------------------