New Features

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Larry Stoter

New Features

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten, I’d really like to see a correction for barrel distortion in GC - causes me problems a lot of the time. I asked about this a couple of years ago? The application you recommended was sort of available but no longer being maintained …. I already use separate apps for stitching panoramas and creating HDR images, I’d sooner not have yet another for correcting barrel distortion, it would be much nicer to have it within GC. Thanks, Larry
thorstenlemke

Re: New Features

Post by thorstenlemke »

Larry, I add that to the todo list. I received some similar requests. Thorsten > Thorsten, > > I’d really like to see a correction for barrel distortion in GC - causes me problems a lot of the time. > > I asked about this a couple of years ago? The application you recommended was sort of available but no longer being maintained …. > > I already use separate apps for stitching panoramas and creating HDR images, I’d sooner not have yet another for correcting barrel distortion, it would be much nicer to have it within GC. > > Thanks, > > Larry ´
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten, Thank you. Larry On 24 Jun 2014, at 08:23, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Larry, > > I add that to the todo list. I received some similar requests. > > Thorsten > > >> Thorsten, >> >> I’d really like to see a correction for barrel distortion in GC - causes me problems a lot of the time. >> >> I asked about this a couple of years ago? The application you recommended was sort of available but no longer being maintained …. >> >> I already use separate apps for stitching panoramas and creating HDR images, I’d sooner not have yet another for correcting barrel distortion, it would be much nicer to have it within GC. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Larry > ´ > > ------------------------------------ > > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >
Carl von Einem

Post by Carl von Einem »

Please have a look at the panotools code. There was a PanoTools plug-in for Mac (LensFix) but that is discontinued now. http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Tools_Plugins http://panotools.sourceforge.net/ Carl Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] schrieb am 24.06.14 09:23: > Larry, > > I add that to the todo list. I received some similar requests. > > Thorsten > > >> Thorsten, >> >> I’d really like to see a correction for barrel distortion in GC - causes me problems a lot of the time. >> >> I asked about this a couple of years ago? The application you recommended was sort of available but no longer being maintained …. >> >> I already use separate apps for stitching panoramas and creating HDR images, I’d sooner not have yet another for correcting barrel distortion, it would be much nicer to have it within GC. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Larry > ´ >
Jeff Shapiro

Post by Jeff Shapiro »

Or you may want to try out PT Lens. It does cost $25 but is very actively updated. PT Lens also handles vertical and horizontal perspective and chromatic aberration. It does have plugins for Photoshop and Aperture.PTLens Home PageJeffOn Jun 24, 2014, at 1:44, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Thorsten,Thank you.LarryOn 24 Jun 2014, at 08:23, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Larry,I add that to the todo list. I received some similar requests.ThorstenThorsten,I’d really like to see a correction for barrel distortion in GC - causes me problems a lot of the time.I asked about this a couple of years ago? The application you recommended was sort of available but no longer being maintained ….I already use separate apps for stitching panoramas and creating HDR images, I’d sooner not have yet another for correcting barrel distortion, it would be much nicer to have it within GC.Thanks,Larry´------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yahoo Groups Links------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yahoo Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/<*> Your email settings:   Individual Email : Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/join   (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email:   gcmac-digest@yahoogroups.com    gcmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:   gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:   https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
John McLay

Post by John McLay »

Thorsten, Is there a way to still access the floating toolbar that used to open with Graphic Converter? It had options like an eraser, pointer, and more. I’m using version 9.2.1 at the moment. Thanks, John On Jun 24, 2014, at 12:23 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Larry, > > I add that to the todo list. I received some similar requests. > > Thorsten > > >> Thorsten, >> >> I’d really like to see a correction for barrel distortion in GC - causes me problems a lot of the time. >> >> I asked about this a couple of years ago? The application you recommended was sort of available but no longer being maintained …. >> >> I already use separate apps for stitching panoramas and creating HDR images, I’d sooner not have yet another for correcting barrel distortion, it would be much nicer to have it within GC. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Larry > ´ > > ------------------------------------ > > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

John, In case you still need to know… Look under Windows in the top menubar. "All will be revealed” On Jun 24, 2014, at 4:34:PM, John McLay 4johnSF@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Thorsten, > > Is there a way to still access the floating toolbar that used to open with Graphic Converter? It had options like an eraser, pointer, and more. I’m using version 9.2.1 at the moment. > > Thanks, > > John > > Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,please try the new Lens Correction effect in the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten Thorsten,I’d really like to see a correction for barrel distortion in GC - causes me problems a lot of the time.I asked about this a couple of years ago? The application you recommended was sort of available but no longer being maintained ….I already use separate apps for stitching panoramas and creating HDR images, I’d sooner not have yet another for correcting barrel distortion, it would be much nicer to have it within GC.Thanks,Larry
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten,Thank you - just tried it out, works very nicely.It is, however, not so easy to use - basically, you are estimating by eye. Would it be possible to overlay a square grid? This would make it a lot easier to judge if the correction was right.It would also be convenient it there was an option to automatically trim the processed image.Thank you,Best regards,LarryOn 15 Jul 2014, at 20:55, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Larry,please try the new Lens Correction effect in the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorstenThorsten,I’d really like to see a correction for barrel distortion in GC - causes me problems a lot of the time.I asked about this a couple of years ago? The application you recommended was sort of available but no longer being maintained ….I already use separate apps for stitching panoramas and creating HDR images, I’d sooner not have yet another for correcting barrel distortion, it would be much nicer to have it within GC.Thanks,Larry
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,many thanks for your feedback.So, I will add a grid option.Thorsten On 16.07.2014, at 10:00, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Thorsten,Thank you - just tried it out, works very nicely.It is, however, not so easy to use - basically, you are estimating by eye. Would it be possible to overlay a square grid? This would make it a lot easier to judge if the correction was right.It would also be convenient it there was an option to automatically trim the processed image.Thank you,Best regards,Larry