New Features

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Larry Stoter

Re: New Features

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten,Thank you - I think that would be very helpful.Also an automatic trim of the processed imaged?Best regards,LarryOn 16 Jul 2014, at 09:01, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Larry,many thanks for your feedback.So, I will add a grid option.ThorstenOn 16.07.2014, at 10:00, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Thorsten,Thank you - just tried it out, works very nicely.It is, however, not so easy to use - basically, you are estimating by eye. Would it be possible to overlay a square grid? This would make it a lot easier to judge if the correction was right.It would also be convenient it there was an option to automatically trim the processed image.Thank you,Best regards,Larry
Peter Farrell-Vinay

Post by Peter Farrell-Vinay »

Sometimes I need to deskew images taken of book pages where one side is curved away from the camera. (I can send a demo image if needs be). It would be great to have a deskewing facility which enabled me to align a curve to either the text or the page edges such that having pressed “Enter the text (and any pictures) were straight.. RegardsPeter Farrell-VinayPeterFV@acm.orgFrom: "Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Wednesday, 16 July 2014 09:01To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] New Features   Dear Larry,many thanks for your feedback.So, I will add a grid option.ThorstenOn 16.07.2014, at 10:00, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Thorsten,Thank you - just tried it out, works very nicely.It is, however, not so easy to use - basically, you are estimating by eye. Would it be possible to overlay a square grid? This would make it a lot easier to judge if the correction was right.It would also be convenient it there was an option to automatically trim the processed image.Thank you,Best regards,Larry
Ed Foerster

Post by Ed Foerster »

I have been evaluating Graphic Converter as a replacement for Aperture.  I have a suggestion: Have an option for going to a flat file in the Browser when opening.  I know it isn’t a lot of work to right click and select flat file, just slightly more convenient.ThanksEd FoersterOn Jul 16, 2014, at 4:52 AM, Peter Farrell-Vinay peter@farrell-vinay.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Sometimes I need to deskew images taken of book pages where one side is curved away from the camera. (I can send a demo image if needs be). It would be great to have a deskewing facility which enabled me to align a curve to either the text or the page edges such that having pressed “Enter the text (and any pictures) were straight.. RegardsPeter Farrell-VinayPeterFV@acm.orgFrom: "Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Wednesday, 16 July 2014 09:01To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] New Features Dear Larry,many thanks for your feedback.So, I will add a grid option.ThorstenOn 16.07.2014, at 10:00, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Thorsten,Thank you - just tried it out, works very nicely.It is, however, not so easy to use - basically, you are estimating by eye. Would it be possible to overlay a square grid? This would make it a lot easier to judge if the correction was right.It would also be convenient it there was an option to automatically trim the processed image.Thank you, Best regards,Larry
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ed,so, a menu item "Browser Flat…” ?Thorsten I have been evaluating Graphic Converter as a replacement for Aperture.  I have a suggestion: Have an option for going to a flat file in the Browser when opening.  I know it isn’t a lot of work to right click and select flat file, just slightly more convenient.ThanksEd Foerster
Ed Foerster

Post by Ed Foerster »

I should have said flat view instead of flat file.ThanksEdOn Jul 16, 2014, at 8:02 AM, Ed Foerster cindyed@fastermac.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I have been evaluating Graphic Converter as a replacement for Aperture.  I have a suggestion: Have an option for going to a flat file in the Browser when opening.  I know it isn’t a lot of work to right click and select flat file, just slightly more convenient.ThanksEd FoersterOn Jul 16, 2014, at 4:52 AM, Peter Farrell-Vinay peter@farrell-vinay.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Sometimes I need to deskew images taken of book pages where one side is curved away from the camera. (I can send a demo image if needs be). It would be great to have a deskewing facility which enabled me to align a curve to either the text or the page edges such that having pressed “Enter the text (and any pictures) were straight.. RegardsPeter Farrell-VinayPeterFV@acm.orgFrom: "Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Wednesday, 16 July 2014 09:01To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] New Features Dear Larry,many thanks for your feedback.So, I will add a grid option.ThorstenOn 16.07.2014, at 10:00, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Thorsten,Thank you - just tried it out, works very nicely.It is, however, not so easy to use - basically, you are estimating by eye. Would it be possible to overlay a square grid? This would make it a lot easier to judge if the correction was right.It would also be convenient it there was an option to automatically trim the processed image.Thank you, Best regards,Larry
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Larry,I added now the grid and auto crop option.Thorsten Thorsten,Thank you - just tried it out, works very nicely.It is, however, not so easy to use - basically, you are estimating by eye. Would it be possible to overlay a square grid? This would make it a lot easier to judge if the correction was right.It would also be convenient it there was an option to automatically trim the processed image.Thank you,Best regards,Larry
Ed Foerster

Post by Ed Foerster »

Hi allOne more item:  It would be handy to be able to change the name of the edited picture back to the same folder with an a, b, etc added to the filename when in cocooner or the normal editor.  Not exactly stacks, but it would at least have all the photos in the same physical location.  Part of the issue is I am trying to use the Aperture folder structure which is not exactly quick to go to in the finder (year, month, day folders).Thanks againEdOn Jul 16, 2014, at 2:41 PM, Ed Foerster <cindyed@fastermac.net> wrote: I should have said flat view instead of flat file.ThanksEdOn Jul 16, 2014, at 8:02 AM, Ed Foerster cindyed@fastermac.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I have been evaluating Graphic Converter as a replacement for Aperture.  I have a suggestion: Have an option for going to a flat file in the Browser when opening.  I know it isn’t a lot of work to right click and select flat file, just slightly more convenient.ThanksEd FoersterOn Jul 16, 2014, at 4:52 AM, Peter Farrell-Vinay peter@farrell-vinay.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Sometimes I need to deskew images taken of book pages where one side is curved away from the camera. (I can send a demo image if needs be). It would be great to have a deskewing facility which enabled me to align a curve to either the text or the page edges such that having pressed “Enter the text (and any pictures) were straight.. RegardsPeter Farrell-VinayPeterFV@acm.orgFrom: "Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Wednesday, 16 July 2014 09:01To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] New Features Dear Larry,many thanks for your feedback.So, I will add a grid option.ThorstenOn 16.07.2014, at 10:00, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Thorsten,Thank you - just tried it out, works very nicely.It is, however, not so easy to use - basically, you are estimating by eye. Would it be possible to overlay a square grid? This would make it a lot easier to judge if the correction was right.It would also be convenient it there was an option to automatically trim the processed image.Thank you, Best regards,Larry
Ed Foerster

Post by Ed Foerster »

Thorsten,Yes, that would be perfect.  ThanksEdOn Jul 16, 2014, at 2:15 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Ed,so, a menu item "Browser Flat…” ?ThorstenI have been evaluating Graphic Converter as a replacement for Aperture.  I have a suggestion: Have an option for going to a flat file in the Browser when opening.  I know it isn’t a lot of work to right click and select flat file, just slightly more convenient.ThanksEd Foerster
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Ed,do you mean the default save as location in the save as dialog?You can adjust that in the prefs.Thorsten Hi allOne more item:  It would be handy to be able to change the name of the edited picture back to the same folder with an a, b, etc added to the filename when in cocooner or the normal editor.  Not exactly stacks, but it would at least have all the photos in the same physical location.  Part of the issue is I am trying to use the Aperture folder structure which is not exactly quick to go to in the finder (year, month, day folders).Thanks againEd
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlI added it.Thorsten Thorsten,Yes, that would be perfect.  ThanksEdOn Jul 16, 2014, at 2:15 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Ed,so, a menu item "Browser Flat…” ?Thorsten