Problem displaying .JPG thumbnails

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
professor_deb

Problem displaying .JPG thumbnails

Post by professor_deb »

Having an odd problem here...I had to do a major rebuild of my computer and GC9 is no longer displaying thumbnails for .JPG files for most files. Some are displaying for some reason, but not most. It can do previews and open them fine, but the thumbnails are just generic. Also not properly displaying thumbnails for .GIF. TIF and .BMP, though .PSD and .PDF are fine.I tried reinstalling GC, but still the same issue. Is there some setting for the display of thumbnails I haven't found? Other ideas?Thanks,Deborah Oakley
thorstenlemke

Re: Problem displaying .JPG thumbnails

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Deborah,the thumbnails in the browser or in the Finder?Do you use the current 9.2.1?Thorsten Having an odd problem here...I had to do a major rebuild of my computer and GC9 is no longer displaying thumbnails for .JPG files for most files. Some are displaying for some reason, but not most. It can do previews and open them fine, but the thumbnails are just generic. Also not properly displaying thumbnails for .GIF. TIF and .BMP, though .PSD and .PDF are fine.I tried reinstalling GC, but still the same issue. Is there some setting for the display of thumbnails I haven't found? Other ideas?Thanks,Deborah Oakley
Deborah Oakley

Post by Deborah Oakley »

Hi Thorsten,Thumbnails in finder are fine…it’s in the GC window that it’s not showing.I’m using 9.2.2…the one you created with those additions we were discussing the other week. Thumbnails were fine before my computer crashed.DeborahOn Jul 7, 2014, at 11:26 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Deborah,the thumbnails in the browser or in the Finder?Do you use the current 9.2.1?ThorstenHaving an odd problem here...I had to do a major rebuild of my computer and GC9 is no longer displaying thumbnails for .JPG files for most files. Some are displaying for some reason, but not most. It can do previews and open them fine, but the thumbnails are just generic. Also not properly displaying thumbnails for .GIF. TIF and .BMP, though .PSD and .PDF are fine.I tried reinstalling GC, but still the same issue. Is there some setting for the display of thumbnails I haven't found? Other ideas?Thanks,Deborah Oakley
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Deborah,maybe the cache was corrupted during your crash. Please go to the prefs part browser cache and click on clear/emprty.Thorsten Hi Thorsten,Thumbnails in finder are fine…it’s in the GC window that it’s not showing.I’m using 9.2.2…the one you created with those additions we were discussing the other week. Thumbnails were fine before my computer crashed.Deborah
Deborah Oakley

Post by Deborah Oakley »

Okay…tried that…seems no change.Cleared the cache and restarted, then did the same with resetting to defaults.Getting late here so I’m off to be. I’ll play with restarting the system tomorrow. Odd behavior! Displays the files just fine, but not the thumbnails (or at least not most of them).DeborahOn Jul 8, 2014, at 12:30 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi Deborah,maybe the cache was corrupted during your crash. Please go to the prefs part browser cache and click on clear/emprty.ThorstenHi Thorsten,Thumbnails in finder are fine…it’s in the GC window that it’s not showing.I’m using 9.2.2…the one you created with those additions we were discussing the other week. Thumbnails were fine before my computer crashed.Deborah
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Deborah,did you try the GraphicConverter First Aid app to trash the prefs?Is there any error message in the console?Thorsten Okay…tried that…seems no change.Cleared the cache and restarted, then did the same with resetting to defaults.Getting late here so I’m off to be. I’ll play with restarting the system tomorrow. Odd behavior! Displays the files just fine, but not the thumbnails (or at least not most of them).Deborah. 
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorstan, Tell us more about this mythical "GraphicConverter First Aid app”? It’s not in the app store nor on your web page. Nor in Hagens manual. On Jul 8, 2014, at 1:55:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Hi Deborah, > > did you try the GraphicConverter First Aid app to trash the prefs? > > Is there any error message in the console? > > Thorsten > >> Okay…tried that…seems no change. >> >> Cleared the cache and restarted, then did the same with resetting to defaults. >> >> Getting late here so I’m off to be. I’ll play with restarting the system tomorrow. Odd behavior! Displays the files just fine, but not the thumbnails (or at least not most of them). >> >> Deborah >> > > Posted by: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> > Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Robert,it is on the download page.Thorsten
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello,I just updated the chapter on trouble shooting. The app First Aid will be mentioned in the next edition of the manual coming with the next update of GraphicConverter. In the current version you can find the app mentioned in Help / Open Troubleshooting Help.Regards, Hagen Henke ---Hagen HenkeDresdner Str. 2601662 Meia�enTel: 03521 / 71 77 494Mobil: 0151 / 524 789 21www.fotoservice-henke.de Am 08.07.2014 um 14:34 schrieb Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: Thorstan,Tell us more about this mythical "GraphicConverter First Aid app”?It’s not in the app store nor on your web page.Nor in Hagens manual.On Jul 8, 2014, at 1:55:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Deborah,did you try the GraphicConverter First Aid app to trash the prefs?Is there any error message in the console?ThorstenOkay…tried that…seems no change.Cleared the cache and restarted, then did the same with resetting to defaults.Getting late here so I’m off to be. I’ll play with restarting the system tomorrow. Odd behavior! Displays the files just fine, but not the thumbnails (or at least not most of them).DeborahPosted by: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Robert PolandFort Collins CO------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yahoo Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/<*> Your email settings:   Individual Email : Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/join   (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email:   gcmac-digest@yahoogroups.com    gcmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:   gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:   https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
Deborah Oakley

Post by Deborah Oakley »

Hi Thorsten…the First Aid app seems to have done the trick!Must have been a corrupt .plist file or something. Thank you,DeborahOn Jul 8, 2014, at 12:55 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi Deborah,did you try the GraphicConverter First Aid app to trash the prefs?Is there any error message in the console?ThorstenOkay…tried that…seems no change.Cleared the cache and restarted, then did the same with resetting to defaults.Getting late here so I’m off to be. I’ll play with restarting the system tomorrow. Odd behavior! Displays the files just fine, but not the thumbnails (or at least not most of them).Deborah.