Edit GPS values

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
havema1

Edit GPS values

Post by havema1 »

Hello,Somehow some of my vacation images from an iPad mini got wrong GPS coordinates (maybe it was then in aeroplane Wi-Fi-only mode or the Wi-Fi-access point somehow confused the device).Anyway, I could fix the jpg location data with GC (I copied known good GPS data points from a iPhone 5 jpg GC info EXIF data (Latitude: xx.xxxxx, Longitude: xx.xxxxx, Altitude: 167.3 -- I edited "." to "," just in case in GC input. GC EXIF Tool shows the location only in GPS Latitude: 62 deg xx' xx.xx" format so I could not use that info, BTW).But there were a few iPad mini mov files that GC could not fix (iPhoto showed the same wrong location after re-importing the edited movs. Is this a known limitation with mov files or am I missing something?- Matti
thorstenlemke

Re: Edit GPS values

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Matti,just use the copy gps and paste gps from the browser menu.Thorsten Hello,Somehow some of my vacation images from an iPad mini got wrong GPS coordinates (maybe it was then in aeroplane Wi-Fi-only mode or the Wi-Fi-access point somehow confused the device).Anyway, I could fix the jpg location data with GC (I copied known good GPS data points from a iPhone 5 jpg GC info EXIF data (Latitude: xx.xxxxx, Longitude: xx.xxxxx, Altitude: 167.3 -- I edited "." to "," just in case in GC input. GC EXIF Tool shows the location only in GPS Latitude: 62 deg xx' xx.xx" format so I could not use that info, BTW).But there were a few iPad mini mov files that GC could not fix (iPhoto showed the same wrong location after re-importing the edited movs. Is this a known limitation with mov files or am I missing something?- Matti
havema1

Post by havema1 »

Thanks for the note, but this seems to work only for JPGs.I can copy GPS info from a JPG and paste it into a MOV (that was taken with an iPad). But the GPS data is not changed. And besides, it is not possible to copy GPS data from a MOV file because the menu entry is grayed out.BTW, iPhoto allows to copy and paste location data (from a JPG or MOV) so its map shows the updated info. But with MOV files this doesn't seem to really edit the MOV itself because if I export and re-import the MOV, the old wrong GPS data is still there. Apparently iPhoto updates only its database info.- Matti
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Matti,I support that currently only for files with EXIF data like JPG.Thorsten Thanks for the note, but this seems to work only for JPGs.I can copy GPS info from a JPG and paste it into a MOV (that was taken with an iPad). But the GPS data is not changed. And besides, it is not possible to copy GPS data from a MOV file because the menu entry is grayed out.BTW, iPhoto allows to copy and paste location data (from a JPG or MOV) so its map shows the updated info. But with MOV files this doesn't seem to really edit the MOV itself because if I export and re-import the MOV, the old wrong GPS data is still there. Apparently iPhoto updates only its database info.- Matti