Assistance with Alpha Channel & Transparent Tiff

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
hankins.greg

Assistance with Alpha Channel & Transparent Tiff

Post by hankins.greg »

Hi Folks!I'd like to be able to create an alpha channel to mark transparent areas in an image and save that as a CMYK .tiff, for use in Quark.However, whenever I save a tiff with alpha channel, I wind up with colors that are inverted (or something, not sure exactly how to describe what happened to them, other than it looks a bit like a color film negative).There's probably some option that I should be using when saving that I am not using. Could someone point me in the right direction?Thanks!Greg
thorstenlemke

Re: Assistance with Alpha Channel & Transparent Tiff

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Greg,thanks for your e-mail.CMYK export is currently only supported without an alpha channel. Alpha is only supported for RGB images.Thorsten I'd like to be able to create an alpha channel to mark transparent areas in an image and save that as a CMYK .tiff, for use in Quark.However, whenever I save a tiff with alpha channel, I wind up with colors that are inverted (or something, not sure exactly how to describe what happened to them, other than it looks a bit like a color film negative).There's probably some option that I should be using when saving that I am not using. Could someone point me in the right direction?