equivalent effect in GC as the gradient neutral density effect in Li

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Mark H. Zollinhofer

equivalent effect in GC as the gradient neutral density effect in Li

Post by Mark H. Zollinhofer »

Hi, folks,I like the simplicity of GC so I'd like to figure out how to do the following in GC. I've learned how to do this in Adobe Lightroom, and they are helpful tools.There is a slider tool in Lightroom labeled "Exposure". I think I understand what that does in Lightroom. Is that the same as the Brightness slider in the  /Picture/SimpleBrightness/Contrast panel? If not, what's the equivalent procedure in GC?Secondly, there is a Graduated Filter tool in the toolbar under the Histogram panel in the Develop module (at the top right of Lightroom) that allows a variable gradient (neutral density, I think) to be applied to the image. The gradient angle can be rotated, stretched out and moved to different center points on the image. The only way I know how to do that in GC is with the Dodge or Burn tool. I'm hoping I've missed a valuable tool in GC. Can somebody point me in the right direction?Thanks.-Mark +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+Mark H. Zollinhofer, Ph.D.106 Eric Pl.Charlottesville, VA 22903cell:   434-962-3343 +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+Mark H. Zollinhofer, Ph.D.106 Eric Pl.Charlottesville, VA 22903cell:   434-962-3343"Where there is no wonder, there is no worship."
thorstenlemke

Re: equivalent effect in GC as the gradient neutral density effect i

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Mark,you can use Contrast and Brightness with Curve.The other can be done with the Curves function.Thorsten Hi, folks,I like the simplicity of GC so I'd like to figure out how to do the following in GC. I've learned how to do this in Adobe Lightroom, and they are helpful tools.There is a slider tool in Lightroom labeled "Exposure". I think I understand what that does in Lightroom. Is that the same as the Brightness slider in the  /Picture/SimpleBrightness/Contrast panel? If not, what's the equivalent procedure in GC?Secondly, there is a Graduated Filter tool in the toolbar under the Histogram panel in the Develop module (at the top right of Lightroom) that allows a variable gradient (neutral density, I think) to be applied to the image. The gradient angle can be rotated, stretched out and moved to different center points on the image. The only way I know how to do that in GC is with the Dodge or Burn tool. I'm hoping I've missed a valuable tool in GC. Can somebody point me in the right direction?Thanks.-Mark