editing exif data

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Richard Ball

editing exif data

Post by Richard Ball »

Thorsten, you have included a number of specific editing functions for the metadata data (dates etc.) but the general Edit or add EXIF data… function limits me to only Maker, Model, Software and File Date. I’d like to see access to all of the data fields. In this particular case I’d like to be able to strip the GPS data from a series of files. I also do not see anyway to edit/remove any of the EXIF data via batch commands. Rich
thorstenlemke

Re: editing exif data

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,just select a couple of files in the browser.Go to the gps menu and select delete/remove gps.Thorsten Thorsten, you have included a number of specific editing functions for the metadata data (dates etc.) but the general Edit or add EXIF data… function limits me to only Maker, Model, Software and File Date. I’d like to see access to all of the data fields. In this particular case I’d like to be able to strip the GPS data from a series of files.I also do not see anyway to edit/remove any of the EXIF data via batch commands.Rich
Richard Ball

Re: editing exif data

Post by Richard Ball »

Thanks! That solves the GPS problem. I would still  like to see a completely general editing function for all of the EXIF data fields in a future version. It would be more user-friendly than using the exiftool command-line program.RichOn Nov 7, 2014, at 10:00, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi,just select a couple of files in the browser.Go to the gps menu and select delete/remove gps.ThorstenThorsten, you have included a number of specific editing functions for the metadata data (dates etc.) but the general Edit or add EXIF data… function limits me to only Maker, Model, Software and File Date. I’d like to see access to all of the data fields. In this particular case I’d like to be able to strip the GPS data from a series of files.I also do not see anyway to edit/remove any of the EXIF data via batch commands.Rich