Automate File Icon Thumbnail

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
stuartmitch.home

Automate File Icon Thumbnail

Post by stuartmitch.home »

I am new, today, to Graphic Converter. My initial reason for using is the ability automatically create specific file icons (i.e. not the generic product icons) for SketchUp files (.skp's) but I can now see it as a very powerful tool.I am struggling with my first task. I can create the required icons and see these when using GC browser. (The icons are stored within the SketchUp files but are not created and shown in Finder on the Mac.) My question is this. Can I make the icons created in GC also visible in Finder and in the "Open File" window within SketchUp.Any support / advice would be greatly appreciated.Cheers....Scotty
thorstenlemke

Re: Automate File Icon Thumbnail

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello Scotty,just use the context menu and select the Create Icon feature. That will add the icon into the resource for the finder.Thorsten I am new, today, to Graphic Converter. My initial reason for using is the ability automatically create specific file icons (i.e. not the generic product icons) for SketchUp files (.skp's) but I can now see it as a very powerful tool.I am struggling with my first task. I can create the required icons and see these when using GC browser. (The icons are stored within the SketchUp files but are not created and shown in Finder on the Mac.) My question is this. Can I make the icons created in GC also visible in Finder and in the "Open File" window within SketchUp.Any support / advice would be greatly appreciated.Cheers....Scotty
stuartmitch.home

Re: Automate File Icon Thumbnail

Post by stuartmitch.home »

Thorsten,many thanks. All fixed now!!Cheers...>Scotty
Ed Foskey

Having a problem with save and next icon

Post by Ed Foskey »

I cannot find how to change preferences so the Save&Next Icon on the tool bar from converting a file to TIFF format. I want to keep them as jpegs.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!-ed- ====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com
Clifton Patrick

Re: Having a problem with save and next icon [1 Attachment]

Post by Clifton Patrick »

Hi Ed,The “Option” button will open a dialog window in which you my set the edited image’s saved as format, as well as other parameters.Best,Clif On Nov 27, 2014, at 6:20 PM, Ed Foskey edward@foskeyroad.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Ed Foskey included below]I cannot find how to change preferences so the Save&Next Icon on the tool bar from converting a file to TIFF format. I want to keep them as jpegs.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!-ed-====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com<Foskey Road 2small.jpg>
Ed Foskey

Re: Having a problem with save and next icon [1 Attachment]

Post by Ed Foskey »

Thanks, Clif! ====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com On Nov 27, 2014, at 6:30 PM, Clifton Patrick clifpatrick@optimum.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Clifton Patrick included below]Hi Ed,The “Option” button will open a dialog window in which you my set the edited image’s saved as format, as well as other parameters.Best,Clif<PastedGraphic-1.png>On Nov 27, 2014, at 6:20 PM, Ed Foskey edward@foskeyroad.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Ed Foskey included below]I cannot find how to change preferences so the Save&Next Icon on the tool bar from converting a file to TIFF format. I want to keep them as jpegs.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!-ed-====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com<Foskey Road 2small.jpg>