enlarging

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Zalman Lazkowicz

enlarging

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

I need to enlarge image files from from original 6.5x10” to: 8.5x11, 11x14, 11x16. They are illustrations in old magazines. Any specific process to do that ? Thanks, Zal
thorstenlemke

Re: enlarging

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Zal,scale up makes normally no sense. So, simple use Picture/Size/Scale and uncheck the scale option. So, you will adjust the resolution to get the size.Thorsten I need to enlarge image files from from original 6.5x10” to: 8.5x11, 11x14, 11x16.They are illustrations in old magazines.Any specific process to do that ?Thanks,Zal
Zalman Lazkowicz

I forgot to mention its for printing at larger sizes.And what interpolation is the best for this ?There are some programs just for that purpose, but thought maybe GC does this magic.ThanksZal On Nov 27, 2014, at 2:47 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,scale up makes normally no sense. So, simple use Picture/Size/Scale and uncheck the scale option. So, you will adjust the resolution to get the size.ThorstenI need to enlarge image files from from original 6.5x10” to: 8.5x11, 11x14, 11x16.They are illustrations in old magazines.Any specific process to do that ?Thanks,Zal
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

> On Nov 27, 2014, at 7:06:AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > I forgot to mention its for printing at larger sizes. > And what interpolation is the best for this ? > There are some programs just for that purpose, but thought maybe GC does this magic. > Thanks > Zal > > >> On Nov 27, 2014, at 2:47 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >> >> Dear Zal, >> >> scale up makes normally no sense. So, simple use Picture/Size/Scale and uncheck the scale option. So, you will adjust the resolution to get the size. >> >> Thorsten >>> >>> I need to enlarge image files from from original 6.5x10” to: 8.5x11, 11x14, 11x16. >>> They are illustrations in old magazines. >>> Any specific process to do that ? >>> Thanks, >>> Zal >>> Have you tried File/Page Setup/Scale <set to greater than 100%>. Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Zal,normally the printer driver does the scale up. Or you scale with best interpolation in GC.Thorsten I forgot to mention its for printing at larger sizes.And what interpolation is the best for this ?There are some programs just for that purpose, but thought maybe GC does this magic.ThanksZal
Zalman Lazkowicz

ok, thanks!Zal On Nov 27, 2014, at 4:41 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,normally the printer driver does the scale up. Or you scale with best interpolation in GC.ThorstenI forgot to mention its for printing at larger sizes.And what interpolation is the best for this ?There are some programs just for that purpose, but thought maybe GC does this magic.ThanksZal