transparency grids in exported pdfs

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Peter Farrell-Vinay

transparency grids in exported pdfs

Post by Peter Farrell-Vinay »

Hi,I’m sure this is mentioned somewhere in the manual but a quick search for “transparency grid” (as it is known in adobe) reveals nothing. Essentially my problem is that I have saved files as .pdfs and when reopening them discover they are overlaid with checkerboards of grey and white. How do I stop this?RegardsPeter Farrell-VinayPeterFV@acm.orgpxf424@student.bham.ac.uk07711168304Skype: peterfvWithout proof-readingthe errorist will always win.From: "'J.J. McVeigh' kd4vs@comcast.net [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Monday, 8 December 2014 03:05To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Page Up/Page Down Buttons (was: Feature request)   On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 15:09:50 -0600, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com [gcmac] wrote: > Gentlemen, > > There are full-key set wireless keyboards available for your use, > including the out of production one made by Apple. [Speaking as > someone that very recently bought one of those Apple full-set OOP > keyboards.] > > Best to ya, > Mike Bauers > Milwaukee, Wi There are also supplementary keypads. <http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8T067/>
Robert Poland

Re: transparency grids in exported pdfs

Post by Robert Poland »

> On Dec 7, 2014, at 8:32:PM, Peter Farrell-Vinay peter@farrell-vinay.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hi, > > I’m sure this is mentioned somewhere in the manual but a quick search for “transparency grid” (as it is known in adobe) reveals nothing. Essentially my problem is that I have saved files as .pdfs and when reopening them discover they are overlaid with checkerboards of grey and white. > > How do I stop this? One cure is to Flatten the Alpha Channel. > Regards > > Peter Farrell-Vinay > PeterFV@acm.org > pxf424@student.bham.ac.uk > 07711168304 > Skype: peterfv > > Without proof-reading > the errorist will always win. > > > From: "'J.J. McVeigh' kd4vs@comcast.net [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Date: Monday, 8 December 2014 03:05 > To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: Re: [gcmac] Page Up/Page Down Buttons (was: Feature request) > > On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 15:09:50 -0600, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com > [gcmac] wrote: > > > Gentlemen, > > > > There are full-key set wireless keyboards available for your use, > > including the out of production one made by Apple. [Speaking as > > someone that very recently bought one of those Apple full-set OOP > > keyboards.] > > > > Best to ya, > > Mike Bauers > > Milwaukee, Wi > > There are also supplementary keypads. > <http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8T067/> > > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Peter,the checkerboard pattern is only the display of the transparent parts. You can disable that in the prefs part general/window content.Just flatten a file before saving to save without alpha.Thorsten Hi,I’m sure this is mentioned somewhere in the manual but a quick search for “transparency grid” (as it is known in adobe) reveals nothing. Essentially my problem is that I have saved files as .pdfs and when reopening them discover they are overlaid with checkerboards of grey and white. How do I stop this?Regards
dalone46

Post by dalone46 »

Drop your PDF file into Graphics Converter.If you have the “Transparency Grid” in the background, open preferences. Click the Open tab. Select the arrow next to Image Formats. Select PDF. Remove the check next to Import with Alpha Channel. Select OK down at the bottom of the window.Close the existing window and drop your file into Graphics Converter again.