Olympus E-M1 video files time stamp problem

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
ptimlin

Olympus E-M1 video files time stamp problem

Post by ptimlin »

I have discovered an issue with importing videos with GC. For photos it works fine. But when I have videos as well, they get the file info changed so that the time stamp is now 5 hours earlier than when taken and also verified on the original files on the SD card in GC.I suspect that maybe because I am on the USA's east coast and therefore GMT -5 that perhaps that is where the 5 hours difference is coming in. But the question is why. Is there a setting I am missing that would treat video imports differently?I thought it might be my rename function, but I turned it off and reimported the files and the video time stamp shift still occurred.Thanks,Patrick
thorstenlemke

Re: Olympus E-M1 video files time stamp problem

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Patrick,I just use the Apple ImageCapture SDK to import the data. So, they do not get modified by GraphicConverter.Movies do not contain any EXIF data. Because the MOV format do not support that. But they may contain an internal time stamp.Simple e-mail a sample movie directly to me at lemke@lemkesoft.dePlease tell me the correct date and time and timezone, too.BTW: EXIF do not store any time zone data. Because the standard is really old.Thorsten I have discovered an issue with importing videos with GC. For photos it works fine. But when I have videos as well, they get the file info changed so that the time stamp is now 5 hours earlier than when taken and also verified on the original files on the SD card in GC.I suspect that maybe because I am on the USA's east coast and therefore GMT -5 that perhaps that is where the 5 hours difference is coming in. But the question is why. Is there a setting I am missing that would treat video imports differently?I thought it might be my rename function, but I turned it off and reimported the files and the video time stamp shift still occurred.Thanks,Patrick