Split multipage image

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Zalman Lazkowicz

Re: image looks bad after saving

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

Thank you very much Don, didn’t know that. > On 15 Oct 2015, at 8:28 PM, Don Sample dsample@mac.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > The flaws you're seeing in the image are jpeg artifacts, and they are inherent in the jpeg image compression method, though they can be reduced by choosing higher quality output (which makes the files bigger.) > > Jpeg was designed to use on photographs, where that sort of artifact is much less noticeable. For compressing non-photgraphic images, other image formats, such as png, are often preferable. > > > On 2015-10-15, at 7:06 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] wrote: > >> >> >> ok, thanks, maybe I’m too picky. >> >> >>> On 15 Oct 2015, at 1:55 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >>> >>> Hello, >>> >>> the file looks here ok. >>> >>> So, I do currently not understand the problem. >>> >>> I zoomed in and checked the font. There are not more pixels for a cleaner display. >>> >>> Thorsten >>> >>> <Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 12.55.17.png><Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 12.54.14.png> >>> >>> >>>> >>>> >>>> zipped file on the bottom. Especially bad looking is the purple font in the middle. Again, this is just for showing on etsy. >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>>> On 15 Oct 2015, at 1:30 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hello, >>>>> >>> >> >> >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >