Setting GPS

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Ed Foskey

Re: Setting GPS

Post by Ed Foskey »

I have never used the GPS function with GC, but am interested. How do I use the GC internal map?Thanks! ====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com On Dec 16, 2014, at 9:57 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,the problem is GoogleEarth. Google did void the AppleScript interface - not working.So, simple use the GraphicConverter internal map.Thorstenom [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from sdca92108@yahoo.com [gcmac] included below]I downloaded GC 9.5 beta this morning and am checking things out while having my morning coffee.  It's only 6:45 am here.  I saw the Set GPS feature and had never tried it before so I gave it a go.  I cannot get it to work.  Even though I have Google Earth running and centered over my location, GC says it is not running.  (pic attached)  Since I have become a Google hater, I trust it is a problem with Google Earth, ha ha.  I know I can always set it manually but am I missing something?  Can GC be programmed to use my location stored in OS X?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,just open a file.Show the info window.Click onto map.Search for the location and pin.Thorsten I have never used the GPS function with GC, but am interested. How do I use the GC internal map?Thanks!
Ed Foskey

Post by Ed Foskey »

Thank you, Thorsten! ====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com On Dec 19, 2014, at 1:09 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,just open a file.Show the info window.Click onto map.Search for the location and pin.ThorstenI have never used the GPS function with GC, but am interested. How do I use the GC internal map?Thanks!