[ANN] GraphicConverter 9.5 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[ANN] GraphicConverter 9.5 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released GraphicConverter 9.5 today.You can download it at Lemke Software: Image Editing, Slideshow, Browser, Batch Conversion, Metadata and more on your Mac Lemke Software: Image Editing, Slideshow, Browser... GraphicConverter is an apple photo software for graphics conversion and image editing. Picture editor, photo browser and more. GraphicConverter i... View on www.lemkesoft.com Preview by Yahoo The Mac App Store version will be available after the Apple review process.Best wishesThorsten Lemke
Tony Jackson

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 9.5 released

Post by Tony Jackson »

Hi all, >I released GraphicConverter 9.5 today. Does anyone know if this version solves the pixel-accuracy problem of versions since 5.9? I've checked out (and paid for) several subsequent versions, but am still hobbling along with 5.9, which is not really supported for my 10.6 operating system. But for want of the means to buy into Photoshop I have to stay with 10.6 so as to be able to continue using GC (and Eudora). I keep another Mac with 10.4 so as still to have the use of Claris CAD. Best regards, T. -- Tony Jackson, Devon, UK.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Tony,the 9.5 is accurate. That issue was solved long ago. I think we had a discussion in the past.Thorsten Hi all,>I released GraphicConverter 9.5 today.Does anyone know if this version solves the pixel-accuracy problem of versions since 5.9? I've checked out (and paid for) several subsequent versions, but am still hobbling along with 5.9, which is not really supported for my 10.6 operating system. But for want of the means to buy into Photoshop I have to stay with 10.6 so as to be able to continue using GC (and Eudora).I keep another Mac with 10.4 so as still to have the use of Claris CAD.Best regards, T.-- Tony Jackson,Devon, UK._,_._,___
Tony Jackson

Post by Tony Jackson »

Hi Thorsten, >the 9.5 is accurate. That issue was solved long ago. I think we had >a discussion in the past. I stopped trying at 8.7, has there been a change since then? We did, but you apparently didn't believe me! A long while back I wrote describing exactly what the pixel editing got wrong, but I just came to believe that no one else uses GC for this? So, has anything changed in this regard since 8.7? If so, of course I'll try 9.5. Best regards, T. -- Tony Jackson, Devon, UK.
William H. Magill

Very strange Console messages apparently related to Quartz

Post by William H. Magill »

I am a random user of GC, and have not used it for months. Following my upgrade to 10.10.1, I have noticed an overall slowness in launching applications -- ANY app, Safari, Mail, Text Edit, Console, Activity monitor, all take 60 to 90 seconds of spinning Beach-Ball to launch; and frequently apps like Mail and Preferences will show up in Activity Monitor as "not responding." In my efforts to track and troubleshoot this problem I've gone many routes. EtreCheck.app does not show me anything which I find unusual; and in fact, it points out that I run a VERY clean system. TechToll Pro (7.0.6) and Sophos Antivirus (9.2.2) are the only two "foreign" apps that run constantly. As I mentioned, I have not used GC for months so the last version I used was 9.2.1. Previously I used, and have kept a copy of 8.8.3. So, I was surprised to see a bunch of entries in the console.log this morning after waking the computer from sleep ... Note I looked AFTER launching Preferences/Accessability and UNCHECKING - Zoom- "Smooth images" I had previously CHECKED Prefernces/Accessability - Display - "Reduce transparency" -- which at the time (last evening) seemed to have made a significant difference in application load times -- which was no longer evident when I fired up my system this morning. I realize that "CGContextClipToRects" is a Quartz 2D "thing," but thought you might find this interesting. 12/21/14 11:08:26.378 AM com.apple.preference.universalaccess.remoteservice[5298]: <NSViewServiceMarshal: 0x7fdbf0605dc0> failed to complete rights grant A415334F-05F3-4F74-A997-D49A51E5BF2E due to 3 timestamp: 11:08:26.377 Sunday 21 December 2014 process/thread/queue: com.apple.preference.universalaccess.remoteservice (5298) / 0x7fff72d92300 / com.apple.main-thread code: line 834 of /SourceCache/ViewBridge/ViewBridge-99/NSViewServiceMarshal.m in -[NSViewServiceMarshal invalidateWindowRights] #exceptions 12/21/14 11:08:26.432 AM com.apple.preference.universalaccess.remoteservice[5298]: CGContextClipToRects: invalid context 0x0. This is a serious error. This application, or a library it uses, is using an invalid context and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system stability and reliability. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem. It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update. 12/21/14 11:08:26.488 AM com.apple.preference.universalaccess.remoteservice[5298]: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0. This is a serious error. This application, or a library it uses, is using an invalid context and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system stability and reliability. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem. It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update. T.T.F.N. William H. Magill # iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.10.1 # Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.10.1 OSX Server (now dead) magill@icloud.com magill@mac.com whmagill@gmail.com
thorstenlemke

Re: Very strange Console messages apparently related to Quartz

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, did you install any extensions?Thorsten . 
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

This slowness is rampant on my machine even after a reinstall of the OS it is worse. Gc is a third party application it has to go through the UNIX layer whereas the Apple programs many times bypass the Unix layer looking at the packages. Since TIGER I have been having problems and memory hogging too. Apple has addressed the memory problem recently quietly as they always do. It still is bad. Any body notice that the internet is more entwined with the overall computer workings as time goes on? And is the internet chronically slow for anyone else? Well, I cannot get any answer out of my provider so I am guessing the user data is generally being monitored and recorded by the government as they recently made 'a noise' about like whistleblowers etc…  Apple is compliant with it's regulators and worse accessory to this data mining in my view. The weird behaviors - out of control attest to the accusation. Brand new instal yet! This is my opinion as I have had PREVIEW Safari and FireFox crash and burn many times indeed also GC. I always send crash reports in. Any answers from anyone appreciated...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,10.10.1 works here nearly perfect. I had some slowness/hangs with 10.10. But 10.10.1 did fix it.Did you try a clean reinstall? Maybe some very old extensions does cause the problem?Also, did you try to create a spin dump upon a hang? That does sometimes identify the source of the problem.Thorsten This slowness is rampant on my machine even after a reinstall of the OS it is worse.Gc is a third party application it has to go through the UNIX layer whereas the Apple programs many times bypass the Unix layer looking at the packages.
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

Hello I just did a clean instal all new OS from original DVD Snow Leopard 10.6.8 I am not sure of any others as of now. Preview sucks up a lot of my 5 Gb RAM; GC is better at memory though,. [ I have to use a terminal command to release RAM as a little app. does I found]  FreeMemoryPro.A new machine with 10 - 24 GB or there about would make this issue less of a concern. I feel Apple has not addressed the memory allocation issue well enough to upgrade now.How does one do a spin dump?.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,launch the Activity Monitor.Select a process.Select in the menu the Create Spindump command.Thorsten How does one do a spin dump?.