[ANN] GraphicConverter 9.5 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jim Williams

Re: Very strange Console messages apparently related to Quartz

Post by Jim Williams »

Re: [gcmac] Very strange Console messages apparently related to Quartz Hear! Hear! What Thorsten said... There’s already enough I don’t know about the inner workings of GC, but am fortunate to be learning as a member of this group. Although I have been a happy Mac user since 1987, I don’t need to understand or read about people squabbling over Apple software’s history.  Please take this sort of discussion to a more appropriate user’s group. Thanks for your consideration. Jim Williams on 12/23/14, 5:15 AM,  Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]  wrote: Hello, please continue this discussion outside this group. It is for GraphicConverter. Thorsten > IIRC, under the hood the Mac OS is based on at&t’s Unix OS a pretty stable and time-proven OS.
Mike Bauers

Re: Very strange Console messages apparently related to Quartz

Post by Mike Bauers »

Allow me to briefly state that I moved to Mac computers about 1996 after hanging on to Amiga since 198-something and starting with a Timex-Sinclair/1000 in 1980, with C-64 and C-128 in between. Just this morning I was looking at updates for the Amiga that allow me to use contemporary monitors and add the huge dynamic storage of a 4-gig flash card as the main drive. I'm thinking of setting up one of my old Amiga computers [1200] with the new wifi hook-up..... most likely just for the fun of it. But to the point. I'm 'damned-glad' I moved to the Mac after the Amiga finally faded away and my bit of use of a Wintel as the main machine for just the 18-months that I could tolerate it after having my Performa get a bit too outdated and I moved on to a MacPro tower [G4] , which beat the hell out of a PC. In fact, my Amiga-2000 ran both Amiga, Mac 7.something, and Windows. So I was actually running Mac for some years before I had a physical Mac. I have been a very happy GC user since about 1999 or so. I've used somewhat similar programs on other platforms, including what had been available for the Amiga. That was another program that could convert most of the know graphic programs like GC does. But GC sure beats out anything else I've used since 1980. I'm just an average user that really appreciates the existence of GC. Thank you Thorsten !!! Best to ya, Mike Bauers Milwaukee, Wi On Dec 23, 2014, at 11:13 AM, Jim Williams jwms911@comcast.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > Hear! Hear! What Thorsten said... > > There’s already enough I don’t know about the inner workings of GC, but am fortunate to be learning as a member of this group. > > Although I have been a happy Mac user since 1987, I don’t need to understand or read about people squabbling over Apple software’s history. Please take this sort of discussion to a more appropriate user’s group. > > Thanks for your consideration. > > Jim Williams > > > on 12/23/14, 5:15 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> please continue this discussion outside this group. It is for GraphicConverter. >> >> Thorsten >>> >>> > IIRC, under the hood the Mac OS is based on at&t’s Unix OS a pretty stable and time-proven OS. >> >> >