Pixel accuracy

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Theodore W. Hall

Pixel accuracy

Post by Theodore W. Hall »

GraphicConverter 9.5 (1780) OS X 10.7.5 MacBook Pro, 13-inch, mid-2009 Whenever I use the Selection Tool, the Line Tool, the Rectangle Tool -- pretty much any tool -- the cursor snaps to increments of 20 pixels. I can't find any setting to control this. It doesn't matter how much I zoom in -- e.g., it even happens when viewing at 500%. How do I get single-pixel accuracy? Thanks. -- Ted Hall
thorstenlemke

Re: Pixel accuracy

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ted,did you maybe enable the grid?Thorsten GraphicConverter 9.5 (1780)OS X 10.7.5MacBook Pro, 13-inch, mid-2009Whenever I use the Selection Tool, the Line Tool, the Rectangle Tool -- pretty much any tool -- the cursor snaps to increments of 20 pixels. I can't find any setting to control this. It doesn't matter how much I zoom in -- e.g., it even happens when viewing at 500%.How do I get single-pixel accuracy? Thanks.-- Ted Hall
twhall_hk

Post by twhall_hk »

>  did you maybe enable the grid? Ah, yes, that's it!  I don't know how that happened; an accidental keystroke, perhaps.  The grid was enabled, but not displayed, so I didn't know that it even existed.Thanks for the speedy response.-- Ted
Zalman Lazkowicz

Healing brush ?

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

is there Healing brush or another similar tool ? Like in photoshop Elements, the one that is next to Clone/Stamp tool. Thanks, Zal
Frank H.

Re: Sharpening with Mobile Devices

Post by Frank H. »

Hello GroupI wish there was a GC version for iPad, though if there was I probably would not be able to use it with my series 1 iPad, iOS 5….Anyway, the question I have is why is there not a sharpening feature in any of the mobile device photo programs? Is this automatic? Replaced by the high Reselution Displays?When I took digital photography in college, the norm was every picture got sharpened to 50 (?- not sure what the numerical values mean).ThanksREALLY wish there was a version for mobile devises… :)Frank H. in CA
ptimlin

Post by ptimlin »

Frank,Try Google's Snapseed application. Works on iPad, iPhone, and Android. For iPad, minimum requirement is iOS 5.1. I know that application has sharpening tool plus a bunch of others.Patrick