Grayscale batching issues

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
flygfotohistoria

Grayscale batching issues

Post by flygfotohistoria »

Under Convert and Modify you can choose from numerous options when batch converting.How do I include converting to grayscale in a group set?In my set there are several inclusions, such as Inverting, Cropping and so forth. In the box where you can choose Bitmap, Indexed, RGB and SMYK, I would have expected to find Grayscale conversion (as it did in previous GC:s). Should I look elsewhere?JohanGothenburg(Hi Thorsten, sorry to bother so much...)
thorstenlemke

Re: Grayscale batching issues

Post by thorstenlemke »

Ho Johan,just use the “Change Colormode” action with the setting grayscale 8 bit.Thorsten Under Convert and Modify you can choose from numerous options when batch converting.How do I include converting to grayscale in a group set?In my set there are several inclusions, such as Inverting, Cropping and so forth. In the box where you can choose Bitmap, Indexed, RGB and SMYK, I would have expected to find Grayscale conversion (as it did in previous GC:s). Should I look elsewhere?JohanGothenburg. 
flygfotohistoria

Oh no! Not another flaw..I would have, if only that option had been present in my program.As i stated: I have the following options:BitmapIndexed ColorsRGB (32)RGB (64) andCMYK.I think a grayscale would have been good to have there. There is none. What do I do?Greetings againJohan
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi Johan,maybe a localization issue.Please launch the software in English. What do you see?Thorsten Oh no! Not another flaw..I would have, if only that option had been present in my program.As i stated: I have the following options:BitmapIndexed ColorsRGB (32)RGB (64) andCMYK.I think a grayscale would have been good to have there. There is none. What do I do?Greetings againJohan
Johan Ahlen

Post by Johan Ahlen »

Hi there again.I'll be with you later. Having a busy afternoon now.Thanks so far!Johan On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:09 AM, "Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi Johan,maybe a localization issue.Please launch the software in English. What do you see?Thorsten Oh no! Not another flaw..I would have, if only that option had been present in my program.As i stated: I have the following options:BitmapIndexed ColorsRGB (32)RGB (64) andCMYK.I think a grayscale would have been good to have there. There is none. What do I do?Greetings againJohan
Manns

Post by Manns »

Attachments :Dear Thorsten,How can I launch the application in english? regards, Peter--Peter MannsAm 27.01.2015 um 11:09 schrieb Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: Hi Johan,maybe a localization issue.Please launch the software in English. What do you see?ThorstenOh no! Not another flaw..I would have, if only that option had been present in my program.As i stated: I have the following options:BitmapIndexed ColorsRGB (32)RGB (64) andCMYK.I think a grayscale would have been good to have there. There is none. What do I do?Greetings againJohan
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Peter,there are two simple ways.1) Open the “System Preferences”. Go to “Language&Region”.Move English to the top. Close the window.No all will be launched in English.2) Install the attached service “LanguageServices.service” from http://www.arizona-software.ch.Restart.No make a right click onto an app and select “Show Languages…”.A dialog with the available languages will appear.Select the language. OK.Now only the selected app will be launched in the selected language.Best wishesThorsten Dear Thorsten,How can I launch the application in english? regards, Peter--Peter MannsAm 27.01.2015 um 11:09 schrieb Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: Hi Johan,maybe a localization issue.Please launch the software in English. What do you see?ThorstenOh no! Not another flaw..I would have, if only that option had been present in my program.As i stated: I have the following options:BitmapIndexed ColorsRGB (32)RGB (64) andCMYK.I think a grayscale would have been good to have there. There is none. What do I do?Greetings againJohan
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Johan,I checked the Swedish translation assignment. There was a bug for grayscale text.I fixed that.Please download the latest BETA 1808 at:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten
flygfotohistoria

Thank you Thorsten!The gray scaling works fine now, even in Swedish.Are you happy about these types of questions?Yours bestJohan, Sweden
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Johan,yes, that does help.Thorsten Thank you Thorsten!The gray scaling works fine now, even in Swedish.Are you happy about these types of questions?Yours bestJohan, Sweden