GC quits at times, so why?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
eligurwayne

GC quits at times, so why?

Post by eligurwayne »

Version 8.8.3   number 1388 just quits for no reason many times now and it just started this. Also the number of un-do's set at any number below 5 does not seem to register in preferences, but just at certain times again.I don't recall the times I have sent GC crash logs to you. Was wondering what to make of it all. When this happens I just work around by saving the work at different stages.Would it help if the application would bypass the unix layer? Can third party apps. do this yet? But I see Apple's PREVIEW crashes a lot  too. I use 10.6.8WayneTucson AZ USA
thorstenlemke

Re: GC quits at times, so why?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Wayne,which MacOS do you use? Did you try to trash the prefs with the First Aid Tool?Thorsten Version 8.8.3   number 1388 just quits for no reason many times now and it just started this. Also the number of un-do's set at any number below 5 does not seem to register in preferences, but just at certain times again.I don't recall the times I have sent GC crash logs to you. Was wondering what to make of it all. When this happens I just work around by saving the work at different stages.Would it help if the application would bypass the unix layer? Can third party apps. do this yet? But I see Apple's PREVIEW crashes a lot  too. I use 10.6.8Wayne
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

I use 10.6.8I just reloaded the OS  maybe that "trash pref" app may do good? Where is it again?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,just at the bottom of the GraphicConverter download page.Thorsten  I use 10.6.8I just reloaded the OS  maybe that "trash pref" app may do good? Where is it again?
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

For any reason the GC download page does not allow it...Message - "Safari cannot access page"Some alternate way to get the tool?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,looks like a temporary server issue. I did contact my provider already.Thorsten For any reason the GC download page does not allow it...Message - "Safari cannot access page"Some alternate way to get the tool?
Brian Christmas

Post by Brian Christmas »

I use 10.6.8I just reloaded the OS  maybe that "trash pref" app may do good? Where is it again?
David Knodel

Post by David Knodel »

http://www.lemkesoft.de/fileadmin/pdf/e ... rences.pdf On Jan 29, 2015, at 17:26, Brian Christmas ozsanta@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:  I use 10.6.8I just reloaded the OS  maybe that "trash pref" app may do good? Where is it again?
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

The issue is perhaps one of file size - when I convert scale an image to 137 inches x 137 at 72 dpi from 65 X 65 inches I have to do: "image Size"/scale to pixel count in order to have a fast response. At the this 137 inches I experience many odd behaviours in GC. I tend to use this size scale at the end of my GC session now.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,what is the pixel size after the scale?Thorsten The issue is perhaps one of file size - when I convert scale an image to 137 inches x 137 at 72 dpi from 65 X 65 inches I have to do: "image Size"/scale to pixel count in order to have a fast response. At the this 137 inches I experience many odd behaviours in GC. I tend to use this size scale at the end of my GC session now.