Accessing print dialog box with GUI no longer works.

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Brian Christmas

Accessing print dialog box with GUI no longer works.

Post by Brian Christmas »

G’day ThorstenI have a process-images-in-eMails application that uses the CS6 suite, Acrobat, Quark, Word, Excel, TextEdit, and above all, GraphicConverter, to print just about any image under the sun, at 100%, and barcodes every image, with Yosemite and Xcode ASObjC.However, your latest GC 9 does not respond to my attempts to use the GUI to set the printer dialog box variables. I’m using the script below (which is much faster), but it does not allow us to set overlap, and upper-left, which we very badly need.Is it possible to add overlap and page positions to the Printer Properties. Doing it as soon as yesterday would be fine (grin).Regards, and please keep up your excellent work.Brian Christmas try tell application "System Events" to tell process "GraphicConverter 9" tell current application to delay 0.2 click menu item "Page Setup..." of menu 1 of menu bar item "File" of menu bar 1 tell current application to delay 0.2 click pop up button 3 of sheet 1 of window 1 tell current application to delay 0.2 click menu item (my largePaperSize) of menu 1 of pop up button 3 of sheet 1 of window 1 tell current application to delay 0.2 click button "OK" of sheet 1 of window 1 tell current application to delay 0.2 end tell end try print window 1 with properties {target printer:my theLargePagePrinter} print dialog no
thorstenlemke

Re: Accessing print dialog box with GUI no longer works.

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Brian,the print properties was only available in the old Carbon printing in GraphicConverter 6.xThorsten
Brian Christmas

Thanks Thorsten.Can anyone let me know if it’s possible to set the properties ‘overlap’ and ‘Image position’ (and anything else while I’m at asking), and how to do it via an ASObjC Xode project please?GUI is not working with print dialog, and badly needs fixing.RegardsBrianPS, I forgot to add to my posted script snippet yesterday, where the target printer property seems to work. It should be…property largePaperSize : "A3"property theLargePagePrinter : "Quark Printer"tell application "GraphicConverter 9" activate try tell application "System Events" to tell process "GraphicConverter 9" tell current application to delay 0.2 click menu item "Page Setup..." of menu 1 of menu bar item "File" of menu bar 1 tell current application to delay 0.2 click pop up button 3 of sheet 1 of window 1 tell current application to delay 0.2 click menu item (my largePaperSize) of menu 1 of pop up button 3 of sheet 1 of window 1 tell current application to delay 0.2 click button "OK" of sheet 1 of window 1 tell current application to delay 0.2 end tell end try print window 1 with properties {target printer:my theLargePagePrinter} print dialog noend tellOn 5 Feb 2015, at 9:07 pm, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Brian,the print properties was only available in the old Carbon printing in GraphicConverter 6.xThorsten
Brian Christmas

G’day ThorstenMy situation regarding GraphicConverter is terrible.I’ve downloaded your latest version, and there is absolutely no way I can see to set a printers paper size.I’ve tried my script addressing ‘Page Setup’, but in your latest version the ‘Page Setup’ opens with a separate dialog box instead of a sheet, and cannot be seen by my code, or the app ‘UI Browser’ either. It’s invisible to accessing!!!This is not a good situation. GraphicConverter used to offer excellent scriptability, which seems to have been dropped off for other esoteric additions.Can you provide me with a link to any older versions of GraphicConverter that offer scriptability, please, and that work under Yosemite.RegardsBrian Christmasproperty largePaperSize : "A3"tell application "GraphicConverter 9" try activate try if exists window 1 then tell application "System Events" to tell process "GraphicConverter 9" # This works click menu item "Page Setup..." of menu 1 of menu bar item "File" of menu bar 1 tell current application to delay 0.4 # ‘Page Setup’ window is unaddressable click pop up button 3 of sheet 1 of window 1 tell current application to delay 0.4 click menu item (my largePaperSize) of menu 1 of pop up button 3 of sheet 1 of window 1 tell current application to delay 0.4 end tell tell application "System Events" to tell process "GraphicConverter 9" activate click button "OK" of sheet 1 of window 1 tell current application to delay 0.2 end tell end if end try set tempflag to false try print window 1 with properties {target printer:my theLargePagePrinter} print dialog no set tempflag to true end try if tempflag then set my theJobsTally to (my theJobsTally) + 1 # Add to printed jobs Tally #my RenameAttachment(theItem, TempAttachmentName) on error errmsg number errNum if errNum = -1719 then try tell application "GraphicConverter 9" to quit saving no end try end if if errNum ≠ -1 then try display dialog "A file without a correct name extension has been found, and cannot be printed automatically by Graphic Converter." & return & errNum end try end if end tryend tellOn 5 Feb 2015, at 9:07 pm, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Brian,the print properties was only available in the old Carbon printing in GraphicConverter 6.xThorsten
Brian Christmas

Thorsten, sorry about that last email.Everythings OK. As soon as I sent it, I saw two versions of GraphicConverter in the left and right of my Dock.Downloading and installing the latest version last night did not Quit the old version, leaving it running, and the ‘Page Setup’ window belonged to whatever version I was not addressing!Sorry, but that’s what comes of being able to replace a running version without Quitting the old version.RegardsBrianOn 5 Feb 2015, at 9:07 pm, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Brian,the print properties was only available in the old Carbon printing in GraphicConverter 6.xThorsten