What happened to my buttons?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
mgnewman

What happened to my buttons?

Post by mgnewman »

Attachments :screenshot 2015-02-06 at 07.07.41.jpgscreenshot 2015-02-06 at 07.02.22.jpgGC 9.5 (1780)
mgnewman

Re: What happened to my buttons?

Post by mgnewman »

I downloaded and reinstalled and now the buttons are back.I wonder what went wrong?
Zalman Lazkowicz

best algorithm for enlarging ?

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

which algorithm is best to enlarge an image ? is it “smooth" or something else ? Thanks
thorstenlemke

Re: best algorithm for enlarging ?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,that depends on the kind result which you want.Thorsten which algorithm is best to enlarge an image ?is it “smooth" or something else ?Thanks
Zalman Lazkowicz

For printing A4 and higher, at least 180-200 dpi, photo quality. On Feb 7, 2015, at 1:29 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,that depends on the kind result which you want.Thorstenwhich algorithm is best to enlarge an image ?is it “smooth" or something else ?Thanks
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,so, I would normally scale up the printer. The image will not get better if you scale it up.Thorsten
Peter Fackelmann

Post by Peter Fackelmann »

Thorsten - could you explain? Didn't find scaling up in system prefs/printer. Using GC Image/Size/Scaling and Image/Resolution doesn't seem to enlarge in the wanted quality. Perhaps a vectorizer? Regards Peter Fackelmann > Am 07.02.2015 um 17:17 schrieb Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: > > > > Hello, > > so, I would normally scale up the printer. The image will not get better if you scale it up. > > Thorsten > > Posted by: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> > Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Peter,the printer driver does that automatically depending on the printing size.Thorsten Thorsten -could you explain?Didn't find scaling up in system prefs/printer.Using . 
Zalman Lazkowicz

Thanks Thorsten, I never heard ‘scaling up printer’….thought you’re talking about getting a “better” printer..;-)You mean every printer does that ?   On Feb 8, 2015, at 11:42 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello Peter,the printer driver does that automatically depending on the printing size.ThorstenThorsten -could you explain?Didn't find scaling up in system prefs/printer.Using . 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,yes, the driver does this.Thorsten Thanks Thorsten, I never heard ‘scaling up printer’….thought you’re talking about getting a “better” printer..;-)You mean every printer does that ?