Dragging from Browser to Finder stops working [GC v6.7.9 + MacOS 10.

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jim Mueller

Dragging from Browser to Finder stops working [GC v6.7.9 + MacOS 10.

Post by Jim Mueller »

Yes - I still use GC v6.7.9 on our MacBook Pro running SnowLeopard (MacOS 10.6.8) so I don't know if there will be an answer. We use the Browser to sort images in several ways. One method we often use is to drag thumbnails into open windows in the Finder. What we experience is that we can drag like this for a while and then suddenly the files will no longer be moved to the Finder window. The thumbnail's outline still gets dragged around by the cursor bur when you release it does not drop into the open Finder window. If we quit and restart GC or restart the Finder than we can again move files by dragging the thumbnails to the Finder. We have had it work all day and we've also had it stop working after moving only a single file. Most often we get a dozen or so file moves before we have to restart GC or the Finder. Some years ago I remember there was a problem with dragging thumbnails from the GC Browser to an icon of Photoshop in the Dock and it wound up a Photoshop update had removed some file that was needed for this dragging action to function. Don't know if this is at all related.
thorstenlemke

Re: Dragging from Browser to Finder stops working [GC v6.7.9 + MacOS

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I have here no real idea. I just add the drag flavor to the drag operation. The rest is done by the drag and drop manager.Thorsten Yes - I still use GC v6.7.9 on our MacBook Pro running SnowLeopard (MacOS 10.6.8) so I don't know if there will be an answer.We use the Browser to sort images in several ways. One method we often use is to drag thumbnails into open windows in the Finder. What we experience is that we can drag like this for a while and then suddenly the files will no longer be moved to the Finder window. The thumbnail's outline still gets dragged around by the cursor bur when you release it does not drop into the open Finder window. If we quit and restart GC or restart the Finder than we can again move files by dragging the thumbnails to the Finder. We have had it work all day and we've also had it stop working after moving only a single file. Most often we get a dozen or so file moves before we have to restart GC or the Finder.Some years ago I remember there was a problem with dragging thumbnails from the GC Browser to an icon of Photoshop in the Dock and it wound up a Photoshop update had removed some file that was needed for this dragging action to function. Don't know if this is at all related.
Jim Mueller

Re: Dragging from Browser to Finder stops working [GC v6.7.9 + MacOS

Post by Jim Mueller »

Okay, thanks for the info, Thorsten.If we figure out what's going on we'll let everyone know. On Feb 10, 2015, at 1:56 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] wrote:   Hello,I have here no real idea. I just add the drag flavor to the drag operation. The rest is done by the drag and drop manager.ThorstenYes - I still use GC v6.7.9 on our MacBook Pro running SnowLeopard (MacOS 10.6.8) so I don't know if there will be an answer.We use the Browser to sort images in several ways. One method we often use is to drag thumbnails into open windows in the Finder. What we experience is that we can drag like this for a while and then suddenly the files will no longer be moved to the Finder window. The thumbnail's outline still gets dragged around by the cursor bur when you release it does not drop into the open Finder window. If we quit and restart GC or restart the Finder than we can again move files by dragging the thumbnails to the Finder. We have had it work all day and we've also had it stop working after moving only a single file. Most often we get a dozen or so file moves before we have to restart GC or the Finder.Some years ago I remember there was a problem with dragging thumbnails from the GC Browser to an icon of Photoshop in the Dock and it wound up a Photoshop update had removed some file that was needed for this dragging action to function. Don't know if this is at all related.