Does a printer preset determine direct print settings?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Brian Christmas

Does a printer preset determine direct print settings?

Post by Brian Christmas »

G’day ThorstenAs I wrote several days ago, using GUI on GraphicConverters print dialog box no longer works in Applescript Objective C in Yosemite.Because I need my clients to print to two different printers, with two different pages sizes, and I only have an A4 printer to test with, I need to know if the following line of code will print to an A3 sheet with overlap and tiled pages if the print dialog has a setting for theLargePagePrinter set to A3, and also for ‘Tiled pages’ and ‘Overlap’. print window 1 with properties {target printer:my theLargePagePrinter} print dialog no Hopefully someone can answer my question before I send off a (hopefully) finished Application.TIA, & regardsBrian Christmas
Carl von Einem

Re: Does a printer preset determine direct print settings?

Post by Carl von Einem »

Hi Brian, you could set up a virtual printer (e.g. aiming at an IP Adress) or set up a "print to pdf" Printer with a random printer description and test with that. If you have a second Mac available you could also configure that computer to share its own printer so that is available to your test Mac. Maybe one of these is working for you. All you need is a different target for your AppleScript available from your print dialog... Cheers, Carl Brian Christmas ozsanta@gmail.com [gcmac] wrote on 16.02.15 11:28: > > > G’day Thorsten > > As I wrote several days ago, using GUI on GraphicConverters print dialog > box no longer works in Applescript Objective C in Yosemite. > > Because I need my clients to print to two different printers, with two > different pages sizes, and I only have an A4 printer to test with, I > need to know if the following line of code will print to an A3 sheet > with overlap and tiled pages if the print dialog has a setting for > theLargePagePrinter set to A3, and also for ‘Tiled pages’ and ‘Overlap’. > > *print*/window/1 with properties{target printer:*my* > theLargePagePrinter} print dialog/no/ > > > Hopefully someone can answer my question before I send off a (hopefully) > finished Application.