Can't add EXIF date to JPG

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: Can't add EXIF date to JPG

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Matti,thanks of your note.iPhoto will see the date only upon import due the own database.Thorsten Hello,> The new beta will display a correct error message.> Just select from the context menu > Actions/Metadata/Remove Maker note and comment.> The setting of the exif date (for example) will work after that.Thanks for the note. GC now issues the warning. If the user tried to set EXIF date to multiple files, the error message must be acknowledged many times. Could there be an abort command instead so there is no need to force quit GC?Yes, after removing "Maker note and comment" GC can change the EXIF date and iPhoto reads the changed date OK.BUT for some reason iPhoto still can't change those fixed files' EXIF dates permanently (inside iPhoto it apparently only stores the changes in its database, so the exported files' EXIF dates remain unchanged).I'm used to change EXIF dates in iPhoto so after some trial and error I found out another way to fix the files in GC:If I choose in GC Remove Metadata... and remove "EXIF" and "All Other APP Markers", THEN also iPhoto happily changes the EXIF dates so that they are really stored in the exported files, too.After that I might let GC to rebuild the EXIF previews and archive the images.I spent A LOT of time scanning those thousands of files so I'd like to ask if my way of fixing the issue is OK?regards,- Matti
Zalman Lazkowicz

line positioning

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

Hi Thorsten, In a new document, I need to mark two temporary vertical lines, on both sides on the document, at exact location of 585 px from both sides of the document. It’s a sublimation template, for mugs. In these two positions there I’ll need to place an image. I use the line tool, but have problem with exact positioning. Thanks, Zal
thorstenlemke

Re: line positioning

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Zal,so, you need a function to overlay temporary horizontal/vertical lines?Thorsten Hi Thorsten,In a new document, I need to mark two temporary vertical lines, on both sides on the document, at exact location of 585 px from both sides of the document. It’s a sublimation template, for mugs. In these two positions there I’ll need to place an image. I use the line tool, but have problem with exact positioning. Thanks, Zal 
Zalman Lazkowicz

probably. Or maybe just to select it after placing the image, and delete ? This line would be from top to bottom, so it will be beyond the boundaries of the image. The line is a marker, so the line should go thru the center of the image more or less, and then to delete it.  On Apr 2, 2015, at 11:25 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,so, you need a function to overlay temporary horizontal/vertical lines?ThorstenHi Thorsten,In a new document, I need to mark two temporary vertical lines, on both sides on the document, at exact location of 585 px from both sides of the document. It’s a sublimation template, for mugs. In these two positions there I’ll need to place an image. I use the line tool, but have problem with exact positioning. Thanks, Zal 
zlazkow

Post by zlazkow »

I did position the line more or less. Now, I copy an image from iPhoto into this new document, but can’t figure out how to resize it, like in Pages for example, by dragging the corners. Is the only way to resize the image and then to paste it ? I tried to draw a rectangle with a selection tool, and then tried to paste the image. Still it pastes at the original large size. On Apr 2, 2015, at 11:25 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,so, you need a function to overlay temporary horizontal/vertical lines?ThorstenHi Thorsten,In a new document, I need to mark two temporary vertical lines, on both sides on the document, at exact location of 585 px from both sides of the document. It’s a sublimation template, for mugs. In these two positions there I’ll need to place an image. I use the line tool, but have problem with exact positioning. Thanks, Zal 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Zal,please view the short movie at:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/resize_selection.mp4 Thorsten  I did position the line more or less. Now, I copy an image from iPhoto into this new document, but can’t figure out how to resize it, like in Pages for example, by dragging the corners. Is the only way to resize the image and then to paste it ? I tried to draw a rectangle with a selection tool, and then tried to paste the image. Still it pastes at the original large size.On Apr 2, 2015, at 11:25 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,so, you need a function to overlay temporary horizontal/vertical lines?Thorsten
Zalman Lazkowicz

Thanks Thorsten,I need to paste the image on a blank  new image/document (2700x1624). When I paste an image from iPhoto which is much larger than this new document, and try to resize it by dragging the corners, it doesn’t work. The whole thing turns dark grey..If I paste a small image, I can move it. But when I stop moving it, and click outside the image, then it becomes un-movable. On Apr 3, 2015, at 10:51 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,please view the short movie at:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/resize_selection.mp4 Thorsten I did position the line more or less. Now, I copy an image from iPhoto into this new document, but can’t figure out how to resize it, like in Pages for example, by dragging the corners. Is the only way to resize the image and then to paste it ? I tried to draw a rectangle with a selection tool, and then tried to paste the image. Still it pastes at the original large size.On Apr 2, 2015, at 11:25 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,so, you need a function to overlay temporary horizontal/vertical lines?Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,just disable the darkening in the prefs.Thorsten Thanks Thorsten,I need to paste the image on a blank  new image/document (2700x1624). When I paste an image from iPhoto which is much larger than this new document, and try to resize it by dragging the corners, it doesn’t work. The whole thing turns dark grey..If I paste a small image, I can move it. But when I stop moving it, and click outside the image, then it becomes un-movable.
Zalman Lazkowicz

ok, thanks Thorsten, I figured out. On Apr 3, 2015, at 12:32 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,just disable the darkening in the prefs.ThorstenThanks Thorsten,I need to paste the image on a blank  new image/document (2700x1624). When I paste an image from iPhoto which is much larger than this new document, and try to resize it by dragging the corners, it doesn’t work. The whole thing turns dark grey..If I paste a small image, I can move it. But when I stop moving it, and click outside the image, then it becomes un-movable.
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

> On Apr 2, 2015, at 2:15:AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > Hi Thorsten, > In a new document, I need to mark two temporary vertical lines, on both sides on the document, at exact location of 585 px from both sides of the document. It’s a sublimation template, for mugs. In these two positions there I’ll need to place an image. I use the line tool, but have problem with exact positioning. Thanks, Zal > > ------------------------------------ > Posted by: Zalman Lazkowicz <zlazkow@yahoo.com> > ------------------------------------ Seems like the Picture/Size/Add/Remove Margins (Command Control A) command would do this very accurately. First do a remove then do an add, with a mild color. This will give you a box with the proper borders. Robert Poland Fort Collins CO