default tool state

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Mark H. Zollinhofer

default tool state

Post by Mark H. Zollinhofer »

Hi, folks,The default state of the selection tool is a rectangle. I'd like to have it be the selection oval as my default during this particular project. How do I ask GC to make the oval selection the default state?-Mark +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+Mark H. Zollinhofer, Ph.D.106 Eric Pl.Charlottesville, VA 22903cell:   434-962-3343"Where there is no wonder, there is no worship."
David Knodel

Re: default tool state

Post by David Knodel »

right click and select the oval tool - i think it will stay as you selection toolother; correct me if i am wrong and something else needs to be changed in prefs?…dvd On Apr 2, 2015, at 16:27, 'Mark H. Zollinhofer' markz@cstone.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi, folks,The default state of the selection tool is a rectangle. I'd like to have it be the selection oval as my default during this particular project. How do I ask GC to make the oval selection the default state?-Mark+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+Mark H. Zollinhofer, Ph.D.106 Eric Pl.Charlottesville, VA 22903cell:   434-962-3343"Where there is no wonder, there is no worship."
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Mark,normally GC should remember the last tool. Did you try to change to the oval?Thorsten Hi, folks,The default state of the selection tool is a rectangle. I'd like to have it be the selection oval as my default during this particular project. How do I ask GC to make the oval selection the default state?-Mark
markhz49

Post by markhz49 »

Default selection tool:It's working now. It will stay as the last tool used until I switch.I restarted GC, and my Mac, so I don't know what was wrong, or what fixed it. Thanks.(The right-click trick didn't work... sorry David. I appreciated the idea.)-Mark
Zalman Lazkowicz

equal distance between three images

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

Hi to all, anybody knows how to make distribution of three images that I placed in a new document, equal horizontally ? in other words, how to make all three images to be on equal distance between each other ? Thanks, Zal Lazkowicz
zlazkow

Re: equal distance between three images

Post by zlazkow »

another question on the same subject:when I copy a B/W image (I think it’s vector image) from iPhoto into this new document, when pasting it gets grey. When I click undo, it shows “undo add alfa channel”. It happens not every time. Couldn’t notice when it happens. Why is that ?One more question: is it possible to paste three copies of the same image all together, without doing that separately one by one ?Thanks!ZalHi to all, anybody knows how to make distribution of three images that I placed in a new document, equal horizontally ? in other words, how to make all three images to be on equal distance between each other ? Thanks, Zal Lazkowicz