reproduce "glossy" look of photos when scanning?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
markhz49

reproduce "glossy" look of photos when scanning?

Post by markhz49 »

Hi,Is there a recommended way to enhance a GC scan to partially reproduce the sharpness and clarity of photos printed on glossy paper? The scanned image has good detail and high resolution, but seems a wee bit "milky". Are there some setting tricks or tool tricks that will help with this?TIA.-Mark
Ed Foskey

GC and Apple Photos in OS 10 Yosemite

Post by Ed Foskey »

Greetings!I have a number of photos already in the new Photos App that are related to my work as a building inspector. Since I cover an area within a 250 mile radius of my home, it would help if I could add locations to the older photos that were taken. So far, I cannot find a way to do it within the Photos program. Is there a way to do this in conjunction with Graphic Converter (I have the latest build) without exporting the photos and then re-importing?Thanks, in advance, for any and all help! ====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com
thorstenlemke

Re: reproduce "glossy" look of photos when scanning?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Mark,please try unsharp mask and sharpen.Thorsten Hi,Is there a recommended way to enhance a GC scan to partially reproduce the sharpness and clarity of photos printed on glossy paper? The scanned image has good detail and high resolution, but seems a wee bit "milky". Are there some setting tricks or tool tricks that will help with this?TIA.-Mark 
thorstenlemke

Re: GC and Apple Photos in OS 10 Yosemite [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Ed,that is really simple.Download the latest BETA for Photos thumbnail display.GraphicConverter 9.6.2 (Build 1856) (235MB) for 10.7 or later multi languageOpen a browser.Click onto Media Library/Photos/your album.Select an image.Set the new position in the map.Thorsten Greetings!I have a number of photos already in the new Photos App that are related to my work as a building inspector. Since I cover an area within a 250 mile radius of my home, it would help if I could add locations to the older photos that were taken. So far, I cannot find a way to do it within the Photos program. Is there a way to do this in conjunction with Graphic Converter (I have the latest build) without exporting the photos and then re-importing?Thanks, in advance, for any and all help!====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com
Edward Foskey

Re: GC and Apple Photos in OS 10 Yosemite

Post by Edward Foskey »

Thanks! I will let you know how it works.Sent from my iPad On Apr 14, 2015, at 1:46 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Ed,that is really simple.Download the latest BETA for Photos thumbnail display.GraphicConverter 9.6.2 (Build 1856) (235MB) for 10.7 or later multi languageOpen a browser.Click onto Media Library/Photos/your album.Select an image.Set the new position in the map.ThorstenGreetings!I have a number of photos already in the new Photos App that are related to my work as a building inspector. Since I cover an area within a 250 mile radius of my home, it would help if I could add locations to the older photos that were taken. So far, I cannot find a way to do it within the Photos program. Is there a way to do this in conjunction with Graphic Converter (I have the latest build) without exporting the photos and then re-importing?Thanks, in advance, for any and all help!====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com
Ed Foskey

Post by Ed Foskey »

I applied this to some of the photos following your steps. When I went into the Apple Photos program, it had no affect on those photos. Even after a reboot, it made no difference.-ed- ====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com On Apr 14, 2015, at 1:46 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Ed,that is really simple.Download the latest BETA for Photos thumbnail display.GraphicConverter 9.6.2 (Build 1856) (235MB) for 10.7 or later multi languageOpen a browser.Click onto Media Library/Photos/your album.Select an image.Set the new position in the map.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 07.46.38.png>Greetings!I have a number of photos already in the new Photos App that are related to my work as a building inspector. Since I cover an area within a 250 mile radius of my home, it would help if I could add locations to the older photos that were taken. So far, I cannot find a way to do it within the Photos program. Is there a way to do this in conjunction with Graphic Converter (I have the latest build) without exporting the photos and then re-importing?Thanks, in advance, for any and all help!====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello,I don’t have Apples new Photos. How can we get it? I guess you need to export your files, work on them in GC and then reimport into Photos.Regards, Hagen Henke  ---Hagen HenkeDresdner Str. 2601662 Meia�enTel: 03521 / 71 77 494Mobil: 0151 / 524 789 21www.fotoservice-henke.de Am 14.04.2015 um 14:26 schrieb Ed Foskey edward@foskeyroad.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:I applied this to some of the photos following your steps. When I went into the Apple Photos program, it had no affect on those photos. Even after a reboot, it made no difference.-ed-====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.comOn Apr 14, 2015, at 1:46 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Ed,that is really simple.Download the latest BETA for Photos thumbnail display.GraphicConverter 9.6.2 (Build 1856) (235MB) for 10.7 or later multi languageOpen a browser.Click onto Media Library/Photos/your album.Select an image.Set the new position in the map.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 07.46.38.png>Greetings!I have a number of photos already in the new Photos App that are related to my work as a building inspector. Since I cover an area within a 250 mile radius of my home, it would help if I could add locations to the older photos that were taken. So far, I cannot find a way to do it within the Photos program. Is there a way to do this in conjunction with Graphic Converter (I have the latest build) without exporting the photos and then re-importing?Thanks, in advance, for any and all help!====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dera Ed,ah - so, Photos works the old way like iPhoto.Metadata is stored in a custom database and only updated upon import of files.Thorsten I applied this to some of the photos following your steps. When I went into the Apple Photos program, it had no affect on those photos. Even after a reboot, it made no difference.-ed-====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Simple install 10.10.3.Thorsten I don’t have Apples new Photos. How can we get it? I guess you need to export your files, work on them in GC and then reimport into Photos.
Ed Foskey

Post by Ed Foskey »

Thanks! For now, that is what I have been doing. Photos should come with OSX Yosemite 10.10.3. At least, that is when I received it.-ed- ====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com On Apr 14, 2015, at 8:33 AM, Hagen Henke hagen.henke@gmx.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,I don’t have Apples new Photos. How can we get it? I guess you need to export your files, work on them in GC and then reimport into Photos.Regards, Hagen Henke ---Hagen HenkeDresdner Str. 2601662 Meia�enTel: 03521 / 71 77 494Mobil: 0151 / 524 789 21www.fotoservice-henke.deAm 14.04.2015 um 14:26 schrieb Ed Foskey edward@foskeyroad.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:I applied this to some of the photos following your steps. When I went into the Apple Photos program, it had no affect on those photos. Even after a reboot, it made no difference.-ed-====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.comOn Apr 14, 2015, at 1:46 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Ed,that is really simple.Download the latest BETA for Photos thumbnail display.GraphicConverter 9.6.2 (Build 1856) (235MB) for 10.7 or later multi languageOpen a browser.Click onto Media Library/Photos/your album.Select an image.Set the new position in the map.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 07.46.38.png>Greetings!I have a number of photos already in the new Photos App that are related to my work as a building inspector. Since I cover an area within a 250 mile radius of my home, it would help if I could add locations to the older photos that were taken. So far, I cannot find a way to do it within the Photos program. Is there a way to do this in conjunction with Graphic Converter (I have the latest build) without exporting the photos and then re-importing?Thanks, in advance, for any and all help!====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com