IPTC editing behavior changed

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Patrick A. Timlin

IPTC editing behavior changed

Post by Patrick A. Timlin »

Something I just noticed. I am guessing this may have changed after version 6 as I upgraded from 6 to 9.First off, I noticed you changed the keyboard shortcut for copy and pasting IPTC info. I believe it used to be SHIFT-COMMAND-V or -C. Now it appears to not longer have its own shortcut. Stolen for another function. Pity.But the real reason for this post. When editing IPTC, specifically I am noticing this in the "Caption" tab, you can not type the RETURN key to create line breaks. Instead it closes the window. So now I have to go through the tedious process of copying a CR/Linefeed from somewhere else then pasting it in the Caption box. Also, the scroll wheel on the mouse no longer works inside this field. So if your caption is longer the the box shows, you have to use the arrow keys to cursor up/down rather than scrolling the mouse wheel (I use a Logitech mouse if it makes any difference).Regards, Patrickp.s. I still haven't had a chance to download the beta and test the GPS tagging from Google Earth to see if you can change the G.E. while GC is busy tagging a set of photos. Will try to do that today.
thorstenlemke

Re: IPTC editing behavior changed

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Patrick,GraphicConverter 8 and later was completely redeveloped in Cocoa. That does cause some changes.Shortcuts: simply open the “System Preferences” and select “Keyboard”. You can define your own shortcuts (see screenshot).Return key: The default button is executed upon pressing the Return key. Simpel press the Alternate Key and Return to enter a linefeed into the text field.Thorsten Something I just noticed. I am guessing this may have changed after version 6 as I upgraded from 6 to 9.First off, I noticed you changed the keyboard shortcut for copy and pasting IPTC info. I believe it used to be SHIFT-COMMAND-V or -C. Now it appears to not longer have its own shortcut. Stolen for another function. Pity.But the real reason for this post. When editing IPTC, specifically I am noticing this in the "Caption" tab, you can not type the RETURN key to create line breaks. Instead it closes the window. So now I have to go through the tedious process of copying a CR/Linefeed from somewhere else then pasting it in the Caption box. Also, the scroll wheel on the mouse no longer works inside this field. So if your caption is longer the the box shows, you have to use the arrow keys to cursor up/down rather than scrolling the mouse wheel (I use a Logitech mouse if it makes any difference).Regards, Patrick
ptimlin

Re: IPTC editing behavior changed

Post by ptimlin »

Thanks Thorsten,I will give the keyboard preference a try. Never had to resort to that one before since the specific functions I like seemed to already have short cuts assigned.And I should have known about Alt-RETURN. Just wasn't thinking.  :)Patrick