Non destructive Batch format change of iPhoto library

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
shockdoc05

Non destructive Batch format change of iPhoto library

Post by shockdoc05 »

Hello gcmac Access finding and easy conversion of .pct files : Apple Support Communities Access finding and easy conversion of .pct files : Ap... When I used to have film developed I also used to get images scanned onto a CD at the same time to save me the trouble of scanning as I had no decent scanner at... View on discussions.apple.com Preview by Yahoo I was wondering if i could use Graphic converter on a iPhoto library and batch change all my .pct files to TIFF or jpeg without destroying the structure of the library or loosing the metadata file dates.I have iPhoto Library manager to use as well if needed.Hoping I don't have to do this manually!Regards Mike Kerr
thorstenlemke

Re: Non destructive Batch format change of iPhoto library

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Mike,iPhoto uses a database.So, changing the filename from i.e. sample.pct to sample.jpg will void the links in the database.So, the only solution is:- export the PICTs- convert the PICTs to JPGs- reimport the JPGsThorsten I was wondering if i could use Graphic converter on a iPhoto library and batch change all my .pct files to TIFF or jpeg without destroying the structure of the library or loosing the metadata file dates.I have iPhoto Library manager to use as well if needed.Hoping I don't have to do this manually!
shockdoc05

Re: Non destructive Batch format change of iPhoto library

Post by shockdoc05 »

OK,thankyou ThorstenregardsMike