How to batch convert JPEGs to lower ppi?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
bfranklinrules

How to batch convert JPEGs to lower ppi?

Post by bfranklinrules »

I'd like to know if anyone's found a way to batch (change) JPEG files from (for example) 216 pixels per inch to 180 ppi.  I imagine this can be done with Apple Script but have little experience with it.  Any help will be appreciated, I have over 1000 such files to convert.  
Jeff Shapiro

Re: How to batch convert JPEGs to lower ppi?

Post by Jeff Shapiro »

When using the image browser, select Batch & Format, then select Define batch from the drop down menu.In the Size/Crop/Scale section is Resolution. Drag resolution to the “Drag Batch Functions here” and set the option to what you need.You might want to explore other options in the Batch Convert area.From: "macnoel1@comcast.net [gcmac]"Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 09:47To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [gcmac] How to batch convert JPEGs to lower ppi?   I'd like to know if anyone's found a way to batch (change) JPEG files from (for example) 216 pixels per inch to 180 ppi.  I imagine this can be done with Apple Script but have little experience with it.  Any help will be appreciated, I have over 1000 such files to convert.  
Davidcee Groups

Post by Davidcee Groups »

Hate to be dumb. But which image browser?  I know that you can mage batch changes using Apple’s Preview app. On May 6, 2015, at 10:36 AM, Jeff Shapiro jeff@mtntoy.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:When using the image browser, select Batch & Format, then select Define batch from the drop down menu.In the Size/Crop/Scale section is Resolution. Drag resolution to the “Drag Batch Functions here” and set the option to what you need.You might want to explore other options in the Batch Convert area.From: "macnoel1@comcast.net [gcmac]"Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 09:47To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [gcmac] How to batch convert JPEGs to lower ppi? I'd like to know if anyone's found a way to batch (change) JPEG files from (for example) 216 pixels per inch to 180 ppi.  I imagine this can be done with Apple Script but have little experience with it.  Any help will be appreciated, I have over 1000 such files to convert.  
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I suggest to try File/Browse inside GraphicConverter.Also, you find in the Help menu Hagens manual with a very detailed description of the usage and powerful features of the browser.Thorsten On May 6, 2015, at 10:36 AM, Jeff Shapiro jeff@mtntoy.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:When using the image browser, select Batch & Format, then select Define batch from the drop down menu.In the Size/Crop/Scale section is Resolution. Drag resolution to the “Drag Batch Functions here” and set the option to what you need.You might want to explore other options in the Batch Convert area.From: "macnoel1@comcast.net [gcmac]"Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 09:47To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [gcmac] How to batch convert JPEGs to lower ppi? I'd like to know if anyone's found a way to batch (change) JPEG files from (for example) 216 pixels per inch to 180 ppi.  I imagine this can be done with Apple Script but have little experience with it.  Any help will be appreciated, I have over 1000 such files to convert.  
Jeff Shapiro

Post by Jeff Shapiro »

As Thorsten, said the Browser in GC. Since we’re discussing GC, I thought it was obvious. Sorry about that.From: "Davidcee Groups davidcee_groups@yahoo.com [gcmac]"Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 12:07To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] How to batch convert JPEGs to lower ppi?   Hate to be dumb. But which image browser?  I know that you can mage batch changes using Apple’s Preview app. On May 6, 2015, at 10:36 AM, Jeff Shapiro jeff@mtntoy.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:When using the image browser, select Batch & Format, then select Define batch from the drop down menu.In the Size/Crop/Scale section is Resolution. Drag resolution to the “Drag Batch Functions here” and set the option to what you need.You might want to explore other options in the Batch Convert area.From: "macnoel1@comcast.net [gcmac]"Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 09:47To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [gcmac] How to batch convert JPEGs to lower ppi? I'd like to know if anyone's found a way to batch (change) JPEG files from (for example) 216 pixels per inch to 180 ppi.  I imagine this can be done with Apple Script but have little experience with it.  Any help will be appreciated, I have over 1000 such files to convert.  
Jack R. Noel

Post by Jack R. Noel »

Thank you Jeff, Davidcee and Thorsten.Your instructions worked like a charm. I’m now happily batch converting a bunch of jpegs to the desired pixel count.