Yosemite Style File Menu?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
sdca92108

Yosemite Style File Menu?

Post by sdca92108 »

Will you ever change the File Menu in GraphicConverter to match Apple in Yosemite?  For example:  include Rename and Move.  Surprisingly, I have gotten used to the Yosemite style File Menu.
thorstenlemke

Re: Yosemite Style File Menu?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,no other such request.I add that to the wishlist.Thorsten Will you ever change the File Menu in GraphicConverter to match Apple in Yosemite?  For example:  include Rename and Move.  Surprisingly, I have gotten used to the Yosemite style File Menu.
sdca92108

Post by sdca92108 »

Thanks for your attention.  I never liked loosing the SaveAs with Yosemite but find the Rename and Move is better than I first thought.  Hopefully you don't loose the SaveAs since it can function as both the Rename and Move commands.
John Joseph McVeigh

Re: Save As (was: Yosemite Style File Menu?)

Post by John Joseph McVeigh »

On 19 May 2015 06:53:47 -0700, sdca92108@yahoo.com [gcmac] wrote: > Thanks for your attention. I never liked loosing the SaveAs with Yosemite but find the Rename and Move is better than I first thought. > Hopefully you don't loose the SaveAs since it can function as both the Rename and Move commands. Yosemite still has the Save As function. It is simply hidden. If you depress the Alt/Option key before activating the pull-down menu under File, you should have access to Save As in the Finder and most other programs. Not sure if it works under GC9 as I am still using GC8, which has its own Save As function while running under Yosemite. John Joseph McVeigh Butler, Maryland USA
Tom

Post by Tom »

On 19 May 2015, at 15:58, John Joseph McVeigh kd4vs@comcast.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Yosemite still has the Save As function. It is simply hidden. If you depress the Alt/Option key before activating the pull-down menu under File,You can also bring it back persistently: http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/29/get- ... d-without/
T.L. Miller

Post by T.L. Miller »

On 5/19/15, at 1:58 PM, John Joseph McVeigh kd4vs@comcast.net [gcmac] gcmac@yahoogroups.com said >Yosemite still has the Save As function. It is simply hidden. I still see Save As, but I guess that's because I installed Mountain Tweaks several years ago. Tom Miller .................................................. "The only time we see the middle of the road is as we run from side to side." R.O.Clark ...................................................
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,I added it now:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html ThorstenWill you ever change the File Menu in GraphicConverter to match Apple in Yosemite?  For example:  include Rename and Move.  Surprisingly, I have gotten used to the Yosemite style File Menu._
sdca92108

Post by sdca92108 »

Thorsten,Sometimes I wonder if you ever have another life and perhaps even get outside and seeing the sun.  The rapid turn around of new GraphicConverter versions is amazing and we are grateful for your effort.  Thanks for being so helpful and attentive to your user base.  You need to go to the nearest beer garden and have a beer on us, .FYI:  I am "trying" to download the new beta but my Internet connection today is allowing GraphicConverter to download at around 100-150 KB/s.  Note the K as in kilo and not mega or gigabytes.  Sigh.Thanks again,Jim