Sort by geotags

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
havema1

Sort by geotags

Post by havema1 »

May I propose two feature requests:I recently geotagged 10 500 old scanned slides and negatives.While geotagging the images I missed a GC browser option to list files that had been geotagged from those that had not been done yet. It was difficult to spot which images out of 10 500 had not been tagged yet.And now after geotagging all of those files I miss an option to sort out certain location's images. Maybe all images around a certain radius from a pin on the map? (In iPhoto it is possible to open all pinned images and export them. In zoomed-out view several smaller pins form a single pin).- Matti
thorstenlemke

Re: Sort by geotags

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Matti,thanks.I add that to the wishlist.Thorsten While geotagging the images I missed a GC browser option to list files that had been geotagged from those that had not been done yet. It was difficult to spot which images out of 10 500 had not been tagged yet.And now after geotagging all of those files I miss an option to sort out certain location's images. Maybe all images around a certain radius from a pin on the map? (In iPhoto it is possible to open all pinned images and export them. In zoomed-out view several smaller pins form a single pin).
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Matti,please download the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlI added now such a fllter.Thorsten While geotagging the images I missed a GC browser option to list files that had been geotagged from those that had not been done yet. It was difficult to spot which images out of 10 500 had not been tagged yet.
havema1

Post by havema1 »

Thanks,The new filter works OK. Today I geotagged about 2000 old images ("only" 15000 to go...). Now I could leave some untagged because the new filter makes it easy to find them later.BTW, I have set my home as the default location so I can quickly tag such images from the "Add or edit GPS values" menu command. I have saved other common locations (41.8667, -87.6099 for example) to a spreadsheet so I can quite fast copy & paste them to GC.Yes, this takes time but I think it pays off later especially after I have also rated the images. Faces would also be nice but at least with the old iPhoto that was too labor intensive and proprietary.- Matti