feature request for merging images

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Richard Ball

feature request for merging images

Post by Richard Ball »

Attachments :Thorsten, I’d like to see expanded capabilities for merging images along the lines of the options available in ImageMagick. Right now there is the Merge option in Convert&Modify which appears to do an averaging of the number of selected images, and there is the image calculator which lets me combine two images with different operators. I’d like to see the list of operators in image calculator expanded to include average, median, rmsd, etc. and similarly for the Merge function. Thanks for considering the request. Rich
thorstenlemke

Re: feature request for merging images

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Rich,I added it to the wishlist.Thorsten Thorsten,I’d like to see expanded capabilities for merging images along the lines of the options available in ImageMagick. Right now there is the Merge option in Convert&Modify which appears to do an averaging of the number of selected images, and there is the image calculator which lets me combine two images with different operators. I’d like to see the list of operators in image calculator expanded to include average, median, rmsd, etc. and similarly for the Merge function.Thanks for considering the request.Rich
Myron Molnau

Post by Myron Molnau »

I notice that there are requests for additional features for GC. I worry a bit about feature bloat. At some point, there are many features that may be used by a very small group of people. They do need the extra features but at the expense of some complexity for those who still use an older version because it meets their needs. At some point, will there need to be GC Lite or, better yet, the ability to simply make up drop down menus that show only those features that I use? See! Now I have asked for a feature of my own. More bloat! Great program. I have been using it since version 2. Myron
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Myron,thanks for your e-mail.But the main problem:- all people have different opinions about what should be part of a lite versionThorsten I notice that there are requests for additional features for GC. I worry a bit about feature bloat. At some point, there are many features that may be used by a very small group of people. They do need the extra features but at the expense of some complexity for those who still use an older version because it meets their needs.At some point, will there need to be GC Lite or, better yet, the ability to simply make up drop down menus that show only those features that I use?See! Now I have asked for a feature of my own. More bloat!Great program. I have been using it since version 2.Myron__._,_
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Rich,can I get a set of sample files to check the usage?Thorsten Thorsten,I’d like to see expanded capabilities for merging images along the lines of the options available in ImageMagick. Right now there is the Merge option in Convert&Modify which appears to do an averaging of the number of selected images, and there is the image calculator which lets me combine two images with different operators. I’d like to see the list of operators in image calculator expanded to include average, median, rmsd, etc. and similarly for the Merge function.Thanks for considering the request.Rich (important note: please always include this complete email in your reply)-----------------------------------------------------------------Thorsten LemkeLemke Software GmbHZum Rohkamp 5e31228 PeineGermanyPhone: +49 5171 72200 (German)Phone: +49 5171 72202 (English)Mobile:+49 171 1420235Fax:   +49 5171 72201WWW:   http://www.lemkesoft.comE-Mail:lemke@le ... omfacebook: http://www.facebook.com/LemkesoftXING: http://www.xing.com/profile/Thorsten_LemkeLinkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/thorstenlemkeBusiness details:Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 101500Gescha�ftsfuhrer Dipl.-Ing. Thorsten LemkeUSt.IdNr. DE204841752-----------------------------------------------------------------