Will we ever get a Despeckle feature?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Will we ever get a Despeckle feature?

Post by Robert Poland »

Subject says it all. Robert Poland iMac, Late 2013, 14,2 3.2 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” 16 GB Ram, 1TB Fusion HD OS X 10.10.3
Hagen Henke

Re: Will we ever get a Despeckle feature?

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello,in which program do you know a despeckle function you like? The stamp you surely know. Did you try Effect / Despeckle?Regards, Hagen Henke ---Hagen HenkeDresdner Str. 2601662 Meia�enTel: 03521 / 71 77 494Mobil: 0151 / 524 789 21www.fotoservice-henke.de Am 05.06.2015 um 18:17 schrieb Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:Subject says it all.Robert PolandiMac, Late 2013, 14,23.2 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” 16 GB Ram, 1TB Fusion HDOS X 10.10.3
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

> On Jun 5, 2015, at 10:25:AM, Hagen Henke hagen.henke@gmx.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > in which program do you know a despeckle function you like? Don’t remember. > The stamp you surely know. That would be rather tedious for single pixel removal. > Did you try Effect / Despeckle? Didn’t see it, Sorry. > Regards, Hagen Henke > > > --- > > Hagen Henke > Dresdner Str. 26 > 01662 Meia�en > > Tel: 03521 / 71 77 494 > Mobil: 0151 / 524 789 21 > www.fotoservice-henke.de > >> Am 05.06.2015 um 18:17 schrieb Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: >> >> Subject says it all. >> >> Robert Poland >> iMac, Late 2013, 14,2 >> 3.2 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” >> 16 GB Ram, 1TB Fusion HD >> OS X 10.10.3 >> > > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,there is already a despeckle effect in the effect menu.It is designed to remove spots on scanned papers.Thorsten > > > > Hello,> > in which program do you know a despeckle function you like?Don’t remember.> The stamp you surely know.That would be rather tedious for single pixel removal.. 
Robert Poland

Re: Will we ever get a Despeckle feature? [1 Attachment]

Post by Robert Poland »

> On Jun 6, 2015, at 1:50:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > [Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below] > > Hello, > > there is already a despeckle effect in the effect menu. > It is designed to remove spots on scanned papers. Now that I’ve found the Despeckle command, where do I find a translation of the settings to use? Hagens manual doesn’t have anything. > Thorsten > > <Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 09.49.23.png> >> > >> > >> > >> > Hello, >> > >> > in which program do you know a despeckle function you like? >> >> Don’t remember. >> >> > The stamp you surely know. >> >> That would be rather tedious for single pixel removal. >> > > Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke : View attachments on the web > > 1 of 1 Photo(s) > > Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 09.49.23.png > Posted by: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Robert,just as written in the dialog:You define the maximum radius and the treshold.Just open a file and try it.Thorsten Now that I’ve found the Despeckle command, where do I find a translation of the settings to use? Hagens manual doesn’t have anything.
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

> On Jun 6, 2015, at 8:58:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hello Robert, > > just as written in the dialog: > You define the maximum radius and the treshold. I must be dense but threshold (treshold) doesn’t mean anything to me. > Just open a file and try it. > > Thorsten >> >> Now that I’ve found the Despeckle command, where do I find a translation of the settings to use? Hagens manual doesn’t have anything. > > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
Carl von Einem

Post by Carl von Einem »

A threshold is literally the sill of a door (cited from wikipedia). From the (dark) inside once you make that step you stand in the brightness of the day. Threshold is a common term in image editing. When you convert an 8-bit grayscale image with 256 different grayscale levels (0=black ... 255=white) to 1-bit monochrome (aka Black & White) you need to define the threshold (step) where all darker shades of grey will be black and all brighter will be white. See also - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_image - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threshold ... cessing%29 And your next answer may be about radius: that's diameter / 2 (usually in pixels). Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net [gcmac] wrote on 06.06.15 18:23: > >> On Jun 6, 2015, at 8:58:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >> >> >> >> Hello Robert, >> >> just as written in the dialog: >> You define the maximum radius and the treshold. > > I must be dense but threshold (treshold) doesn’t mean anything to me. > >> Just open a file and try it. >> >> Thorsten >>> >>> Now that I’ve found the Despeckle command, where do I find a translation of the settings to use? Hagens manual doesn’t have anything. >> >> >> >> > > Robert Poland > Fort Collins, CO > > > > ------------------------------------ > Posted by: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >
Nelsn Helm

Post by Nelsn Helm »

As I change the despeckle settings, the effect changes. I can see which specks will be removed before I hit go.