How to remove icons in finder?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Patrick A. Timlin

How to remove icons in finder?

Post by Patrick A. Timlin »

So some years ago I used "Create icon & preview" command on a lot of different folders which looked fine at the time, but now look blocky with a folded down corner on the icons. I want to remove them, but so far I have not found a way to do it in bulk with GC. Instead I have to do a "Get Info" on each file, click on the little icon in the upper left, then manually hit delete to remove it and restore it back to default.Is there a command in GC to do this to an entire set of selected images in the browser? Regards, Patrick
thorstenlemke

Re: How to remove icons in finder?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Patrick,yes, select all in the browser: use the context menu and select action/misc/remove resourcefork.Thorsten So some years ago I used "Create icon & preview" command on a lot of different folders which looked fine at the time, but now look blocky with a folded down corner on the icons. I want to remove them, but so far I have not found a way to do it in bulk with GC. Instead I have to do a "Get Info" on each file, click on the little icon in the upper left, then manually hit delete to remove it and restore it back to default.Is there a command in GC to do this to an entire set of selected images in the browser?
Ed Foskey

Photos App and Graphic Converter

Post by Ed Foskey »

Thorsten,I was reading today on the Apple website about updates to the Apple Photos App. The indication is that Photos is adding third-party editing right inside the Photos App. I realize that you may not be able to say anything or only very little at this point, but do you plan for Graphic Converter to have the ability to be one of the third party apps?-ed- ====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com
thorstenlemke

Re: Photos App and Graphic Converter

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ed,yes, that is on the todo list.Thorsten Thorsten,I was reading today on the Apple website about updates to the Apple Photos App. The indication is that Photos is adding third-party editing right inside the Photos App. I realize that you may not be able to say anything or only very little at this point, but do you plan for Graphic Converter to have the ability to be one of the third party apps?-ed-
Edward Foskey

Re: Photos App and Graphic Converter

Post by Edward Foskey »

Thanks! GC is, by far, my favorite editing program for photos--especially work photos that I need to annotate with text, arrows, or other markings.Sent from my iPad On Jun 9, 2015, at 1:17 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Dear Ed,yes, that is on the todo list.ThorstenThorsten,I was reading today on the Apple website about updates to the Apple Photos App. The indication is that Photos is adding third-party editing right inside the Photos App. I realize that you may not be able to say anything or only very little at this point, but do you plan for Graphic Converter to have the ability to be one of the third party apps?-ed-