Opening Superpaint Files

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: Opening Superpaint Files

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,just e-mail zipped to lemke@lemkesoft.deThorsten Thorsten,I can provide some Superpaint files. Where would you like me to send them?The rgshoup.com reference isn’t really related, apparently. There’s a note at the bottom of that page that says:Note: This system is not related to the popular "SuperPaint" software program developed and sold by Aldus some years later. Only the name is the same.Ralph
Ralph Strauch

Post by Ralph Strauch »

Thorsten,I don’t have any Superpaint file format details, but I did find that the drawing module of LibreOffice will open Superpaint files when they are dragged onto the LibreOffice icon, and save them as .odg files. From LibreOffice, I could copy contents and open it as a new file in preview, then save that as a png or pdf file. The pngs seemed to be bitmaps, but the pdfs could contain vector text and drawings.The files that I sent you earlier that you said weren’t Superpaint files opened in this manner, so apparently they were Superpaint files despite the lack of type or creator codes. On Jun 11, 2015, at 10:47 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Ralph,SuperPaint, MacDraw 2, Claris Draw are vector based file formats. The details was never published on the internet (only MacDraw 1).So, I was not able to implement an importer.Please contact me if you find any file format details.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ralph,thanks for that note. So, I will recheck.Thorsten Thorsten,I don’t have any Superpaint file format details, but I did find that the drawing module of LibreOffice will open Superpaint files when they are dragged onto the LibreOffice icon, and save them as .odg files. From LibreOffice, I could copy contents and open it as a new file in preview, then save that as a png or pdf file. The pngs seemed to be bitmaps, but the pdfs could contain vector text and drawings.The files that I sent you earlier that you said weren’t Superpaint files opened in this manner, so apparently they were Superpaint files despite the lack of type or creator codes.