Scan

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Peter Fackelmann

Scan

Post by Peter Fackelmann »

I use to scan from an Epson Stylus DX4250 with EPSON Scan 3.01. Now with OSX 10.10.4 scans are dead slow. No updates from Epson (too old?). I installed TWAIN 3.4. GraphicConverter 9.7.1 (2042) doesn’t see TWAIN. Restart doesn’t help. Thanks for hints. Peter Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais
thorstenlemke

Re: Scan

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Peter,that is an EPSON issue.They have to provide current drivers.I just call them.Thorsten I use to scan from an Epson Stylus DX4250 with EPSON Scan 3.01.Now with OSX 10.10.4 scans are dead slow.No updates from Epson (too old?).I installed TWAIN 3.4.GraphicConverter 9.7.1 (2042) doesn’t see TWAIN.Restart doesn’t help.Thanks for hints.Peter
Peter Fackelmann

Thorsten - but shouldn’t it work with TWAIN? Regards Peter > Am 03.07.2015 um 19:02 schrieb Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: > > > > Dear Peter, > > that is an EPSON issue. > They have to provide current drivers. > I just call them. > > Thorsten > >> >> I use to scan from an Epson Stylus DX4250 with EPSON Scan 3.01. >> Now with OSX 10.10.4 scans are dead slow. >> No updates from Epson (too old?). >> >> I installed TWAIN 3.4. >> GraphicConverter 9.7.1 (2042) doesn’t see TWAIN. >> Restart doesn’t help. >> >> Thanks for hints. >> >> Peter >> >> >> > > > > Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais
Peter Fackelmann

Digging further it becomes funny: MacUpdate shows EPSON Scan 5.1.1f2 06-Oct-2014 and downloads epson16674.dmg Followed the link to Epson Corporation, they recommend Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.9.4.0 this downloads epson16674.dmg The pkg.s are identical 26.598.070 Bytes 2. September 2014 07:38 Both didn’t work. My further attempts with TWAIN were without success. Regards Peter Fackelmann > Am 04.07.2015 um 10:13 schrieb Peter Fackelmann <pfackelmann@gmx.net>: > > Thorsten - > > but shouldn’t it work with TWAIN? > > Regards > > Peter > > > >> Am 03.07.2015 um 19:02 schrieb Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: >> >> >> >> Dear Peter, >> >> that is an EPSON issue. >> They have to provide current drivers. >> I just call them. >> >> Thorsten >> >>> >>> I use to scan from an Epson Stylus DX4250 with EPSON Scan 3.01. >>> Now with OSX 10.10.4 scans are dead slow. >>> No updates from Epson (too old?). >>> >>> I installed TWAIN 3.4. >>> GraphicConverter 9.7.1 (2042) doesn’t see TWAIN. >>> Restart doesn’t help. >>> >>> Thanks for hints. >>> >>> Peter >>> >>> >>> >> >> >> >> > > > > Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English > Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais > Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

Be glad it works at all. I have a darned nice Canon scanner that they refused to update the drivers a couple of OS versions ago. It simply can not be used by anything without those updated drivers. My only recourse is to use that scanner with an older version of Mac or a Windows OS and port the scans into my up to date Mac. Mike Bauers Sent from my iPhone > On Jul 4, 2015, at 11:17 AM, "Peter Fackelmann pfackelmann@gmx.net [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > Digging further it becomes funny: > > MacUpdate shows > EPSON Scan 5.1.1f2 06-Oct-2014 > and downloads > epson16674.dmg > > Followed the link to Epson Corporation, they recommend > Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.9.4.0 > this downloads > epson16674.dmg > > The pkg.s are identical > 26.598.070 Bytes > 2. September 2014 07:38 > > Both didn’t work. > > My further attempts with TWAIN were without success. > > Regards > > Peter Fackelmann > > > >> Am 04.07.2015 um 10:13 schrieb Peter Fackelmann <pfackelmann@gmx.net>: >> >> Thorsten - >> >> but shouldn’t it work with TWAIN? >> >> Regards >> >> Peter >> >> >> >>> Am 03.07.2015 um 19:02 schrieb Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: >>> >>> >>> >>> Dear Peter, >>> >>> that is an EPSON issue. >>> They have to provide current drivers. >>> I just call them. >>> >>> Thorsten >>> >>>> >>>> I use to scan from an Epson Stylus DX4250 with EPSON Scan 3.01. >>>> Now with OSX 10.10.4 scans are dead slow. >>>> No updates from Epson (too old?). >>>> >>>> I installed TWAIN 3.4. >>>> GraphicConverter 9.7.1 (2042) doesn’t see TWAIN. >>>> Restart doesn’t help. >>>> >>>> Thanks for hints. >>>> >>>> Peter >> >> >> >> Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English >> Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais > > > > Support NSA and GCHQ - Write in English > Soutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais > > > > ------------------------------------ > Posted by: Peter Fackelmann <pfackelmann@gmx.net> > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Jul 4, 2015, at 11:51:AM, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Be glad it works at all.I have a darned nice Canon scanner that they refused to update the drivers a couple of OS versions ago. It simply can not be used by anything without those updated drivers.My only recourse is to use that scanner with an older version of Mac or a Windows OS and port the scans into my up to date Mac.Have you tried VueScan http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4763/vuescanMike BauersSent from my iPhoneOn Jul 4, 2015, at 11:17 AM, "Peter Fackelmann pfackelmann@gmx.net [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Digging further it becomes funny:MacUpdate showsEPSON Scan 5.1.1f2 06-Oct-2014and downloadsepson16674.dmgFollowed the link to Epson Corporation, they recommendScanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.9.4.0this downloadsepson16674.dmgThe pkg.s are identical26.598.070 Bytes2. September 2014 07:38Both  didn’t work.My further attempts with TWAIN were without success.RegardsPeter FackelmannAm 04.07.2015 um 10:13 schrieb Peter Fackelmann <pfackelmann@gmx.net>:Thorsten -but shouldn’t it work with TWAIN?RegardsPeterAm 03.07.2015 um 19:02 schrieb Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:Dear Peter,that is an EPSON issue.They have to provide current drivers.I just call them.ThorstenI use to scan from an Epson Stylus DX4250 with EPSON Scan 3.01.Now with OSX 10.10.4 scans are dead slow.No updates from Epson (too old?).I installed TWAIN 3.4.GraphicConverter 9.7.1 (2042) doesn’t see TWAIN.Restart doesn’t help.Thanks for hints.PeterSupport NSA and GCHQ - Write in EnglishSoutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�aisSupport NSA and GCHQ - Write in EnglishSoutiens DGSE - a�cris en frana�ais------------------------------------Posted by: Peter Fackelmann <pfackelmann@gmx.net>------------------------------------------------------------------------Yahoo Groups Links------------------------------------Posted by: Mike Bauers <mwbauers55@wi.rr.com>------------------------------------------------------------------------Yahoo Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/<*> Your email settings:   Individual Email : Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gcmac/join   (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email:   gcmac-digest@yahoogroups.com    gcmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:   gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:   https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/Robert PolandFort Collins, CO
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

I got that hoping it would fix the problem. But I found I still needed the updated drivers and a search online found a lot of folks with the same problem.I've looked up how to run an older OS in my iMac and worst case is I can continue to use my old MacBook with its older Mac OS for that scanner. The handy thing about that is the once quite expensive docking attachment for that old laptop became very inexpensive and now I can easily dock with the rest of the newer Macs USB network and other gear as well as share the second monitor with the iMac.Between booting the iMac into an older OS or tying on the MacBook, I can still use that Canon scanner with the obsolete drivers. Maybe even if I Fusion the iMac to run both OS's at once... Or under Windows.It's a bother, but I do have several options. With the older OS route I can still use an older version of GC directly with that scanner. Might be the hard way to do it, but it's still all Mac.Mike BauersSent from my iPhone On Jul 4, 2015, at 12:54 PM, "Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: On Jul 4, 2015, at 11:51:AM, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Be glad it works at all.I have a darned nice Canon scanner that they refused to update the drivers a couple of OS versions ago. It simply can not be used by anything without those updated drivers.My only recourse is to use that scanner with an older version of Mac or a Windows OS and port the scans into my up to date Mac.Have you tried VueScan http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4763/vuescanMike BauersSent from my iPhone
James Plante

Post by James Plante »

As an acquaintance of mine put it, “You can’t use Twain on the new Mac OS’s; it’s been defecated.” He meant “deprecated” of course, but he’s prone to malapropisms. It’s still true, though: Twain doesn’t work on Mac’s any more. Try image capture, but don’t get your hopes up. Jim On Jul 4, 2015, at 1:24 PM, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I got that hoping it would fix the problem. But I found I still needed the updated drivers and a search online found a lot of folks with the same problem.I've looked up how to run an older OS in my iMac and worst case is I can continue to use my old MacBook with its older Mac OS for that scanner. The handy thing about that is the once quite expensive docking attachment for that old laptop became very inexpensive and now I can easily dock with the rest of the newer Macs USB network and other gear as well as share the second monitor with the iMac.Between booting the iMac into an older OS or tying on the MacBook, I can still use that Canon scanner with the obsolete drivers. Maybe even if I Fusion the iMac to run both OS's at once... Or under Windows.It's a bother, but I do have several options. With the older OS route I can still use an older version of GC directly with that scanner. Might be the hard way to do it, but it's still all Mac.Mike BauersSent from my iPhoneOn Jul 4, 2015, at 12:54 PM, "Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:On Jul 4, 2015, at 11:51:AM, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com[gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Be glad it works at all.I have a darned nice Canon scanner that they refused to update the drivers a couple of OS versions ago. It simply can not be used by anything without those updated drivers.My only recourse is to use that scanner with an older version of Mac or a Windows OS and port the scans into my up to date Mac.Have you tried VueScan http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4763/vuescanMike BauersSent from my iPhone
Michel Tribet

Post by Michel Tribet »

Just thinking : Did you try "Gutenprint" : It worked for me with an old Canon MP 610, maybe it can work for you too ! 2015-07-04 20:32 GMT+02:00 James Plante jimplante@me.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:   As an acquaintance of mine put it, “You can’t use Twain on the new Mac OS’s; it’s been defecated.” He meant “deprecated” of course, but he’s prone to malapropisms. It’s still true, though: Twain doesn’t work on Mac’s any more. Try image capture, but don’t get your hopes up. JimOn Jul 4, 2015, at 1:24 PM, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I got that hoping it would fix the problem. But I found I still needed the updated drivers and a search online found a lot of folks with the same problem.I've looked up how to run an older OS in my iMac and worst case is I can continue to use my old MacBook with its older Mac OS for that scanner. The handy thing about that is the once quite expensive docking attachment for that old laptop became very inexpensive and now I can easily dock with the rest of the newer Macs USB network and other gear as well as share the second monitor with the iMac.Between booting the iMac into an older OS or tying on the MacBook, I can still use that Canon scanner with the obsolete drivers. Maybe even if I Fusion the iMac to run both OS's at once... Or under Windows.It's a bother, but I do have several options. With the older OS route I can still use an older version of GC directly with that scanner. Might be the hard way to do it, but it's still all Mac.Mike BauersSent from my iPhoneOn Jul 4, 2015, at 12:54 PM, "Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net [gcmac]" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:On Jul 4, 2015, at 11:51:AM, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com[gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Be glad it works at all.I have a darned nice Canon scanner that they refused to update the drivers a couple of OS versions ago. It simply can not be used by anything without those updated drivers.My only recourse is to use that scanner with an older version of Mac or a Windows OS and port the scans into my up to date Mac.Have you tried VueScan http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4763/vuescanMike BauersSent from my iPhone
Sheri A. VandeRiet

Post by Sheri A. VandeRiet »

I use VueScan by Ed Hamrick (www.hamrick.com). It has drivers for hundreds of scanners and is updated every few days! Haven't tried using it directly from Graphic Converter, but is great to acquire images....SheriSent from my iPad