Browse Photostream Removed?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Deborah Oakley

Browse Photostream Removed?

Post by Deborah Oakley »

Hi Thorsten,I just installed the latest build from this site after updating my Mac to the latest OS X version, and now I see that GC no longer has the “Browse Photostream” option. I though this might be related (and maybe it is) to the new OS X Photos app, but I checked on my MacBook, which I also updated the OS on but not GC, and Browse Photostream is still there, so it seems to have been removed.Am I correct, or am I missing something? If it has been removed, can it be reinstated? It was a very useful feature for me.Thanks very much!Deborah Oakley
thorstenlemke

Re: Browse Photostream Removed?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Deborah,I did not remove it.But did you maybe update to 10.10.4?If yes: just use the media library in the browser to access it.GraphicConverter does check the following folder for the Photostream:~/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/subApple do not use that location with newer MacOS versions.Thorsten Hi Thorsten,I just installed the latest build from this site after updating my Mac to the latest OS X version, and now I see that GC no longer has the “Browse Photostream” option. I though this might be related (and maybe it is) to the new OS X Photos app, but I checked on my MacBook, which I also updated the OS on but not GC, and Browse Photostream is still there, so it seems to have been removed.Am I correct, or am I missing something? If it has been removed, can it be reinstated? It was a very useful feature for me.Thanks very much!Deborah Oakley
Deborah Oakley

Re: Browse Photostream Removed? [1 Attachment]

Post by Deborah Oakley »

Okay, thank you…I like the media browser so far.I would really like to have it open when starting GC, though. When I try to point GC to "Photos Library.photoslibrary” it won’t take since it’s a “package” and not a folder. Could there be a switch to select the media library as a startup location?I’m also curious, if you did not remove the “Browse Photostream,” then why do two otherwise similarly configured Mac look different with two different versions of GC?Thanks!Deborah On Jul 8, 2015, at 10:43 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Dear Deborah,I did not remove it.But did you maybe update to 10.10.4?If yes: just use the media library in the browser to access it.GraphicConverter does check the following folder for the Photostream:~/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/subApple do not use that location with newer MacOS versions.<Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 07.43.24.png>ThorstenHi Thorsten,I just installed the latest build from this site after updating my Mac to the latest OS X version, and now I see that GC no longer has the “Browse Photostream” option. I though this might be related (and maybe it is) to the new OS X Photos app, but I checked on my MacBook, which I also updated the OS on but not GC, and Browse Photostream is still there, so it seems to have been removed.Am I correct, or am I missing something? If it has been removed, can it be reinstated? It was a very useful feature for me.Thanks very much!Deborah Oakley
thorstenlemke

Re: Browse Photostream Removed? [2 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Deborah,that depends if the old Photostream folder exists.Maybe you did enable the iDrive. That does cause the change.Thorsten [Attachment(s) from Deborah Oakley included below]Okay, thank you…I like the media browser so far.I would really like to have it open when starting GC, though. When I try to point GC to "Photos Library.photoslibrary” it won’t take since it’s a “package” and not a folder. Could there be a switch to select the media library as a startup location?I’m also curious, if you did not remove the “Browse Photostream,” then why do two otherwise similarly configured Mac look different with two different versions of GC?Thanks!Deborah