Is it possible to update GraphicConverter printing?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
brian_christmas

Is it possible to update GraphicConverter printing?

Post by brian_christmas »

G'day Thorsten.I know I've raised this question before, but using the GUI to set the print dialog boxes in GraphicConverter printing is painfully slow compared to printing from the likes of Adobe InDesign CC. With using the GUI, if the user hits a key, or clicks somewhere, the whole process is lost, and we may not print a valuable document automatically.With InDesign CC I simply use the line...print active document using my theLargePagePrinter and it knows to print using the Print Preset that is set for the Print Preset matching the variable theLargePagePrinter, in this case, it's called 'Large Page Printer'.It's fast, and easy.If you could do something like that for GraphicConverter, I'd be very grateful.RegardsBrian Christmas
thorstenlemke

Re: Is it possible to update GraphicConverter printing?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Brian,I just use the Cocoa print manager.Adobe does most its own way (you see that on the different dialogs).So, this is difficult.Do you save the different set from the print dialog?Thorsten
Brian Christmas

Post by Brian Christmas »

Yes, Thorsten, we do save several different Print Presets.One for Large Page printing (18”x11”) and one for A4, and a separate emergency printer for each, so we can swap printers quickly in case of breakdown, so 4 altogether.Would it help matters if I lodged a bug report, along the lines of it’s difficult for developers to access the Printer Dialog?RegardsSantaOn 28 Jul 2015, at 4:28 pm, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello Brian,I just use the Cocoa print manager.Adobe does most its own way (you see that on the different dialogs).So, this is difficult.Do you save the different set from the print dialog?Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Santa,yes, that is a good idea.Thorsten Yes, Thorsten, we do save several different Print Presets.One for Large Page printing (18”x11”) and one for A4, and a separate emergency printer for each, so we can swap printers quickly in case of breakdown, so 4 altogether.Would it help matters if I lodged a bug report, along the lines of it’s difficult for developers to access the Printer Dialog?
Brian Christmas

G’day allI’ve lodged a bug report about the lack of Developers being able to use a set Print Preset in the Cocoa Print Dialog.If anyone would like to see Thorsten add the ability to use any given Print Preset form GraphicConverter Applescript/ASOBJC code, the please add your voice to the Bug report.22043870RegardsSanta
Brian Christmas

G’day once more ThorstenI’ve just remember that in one of my Apps, I’m addressing TextEdit with a direct printing command... print front document with properties {target printer:my theCoverPagePrinter, starting page:1, ending page:3} without print dialog It appears to me that Apple have a method of direct printing, but haven’t made it available to the public.One would imagine that you would have contacts within Apple, so would it be feasible to follow this up with an aim to allow GraphicConverter access to the same method, or does TextEdit not use Cocoa?Just a suggestion, in hope you can use it.RegardsSantaOn 29 Jul 2015, at 1:43 am, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Santa,yes, that is a good idea.Thorsten Yes, Thorsten, we do save several different Print Presets.One for Large Page printing (18”x11”) and one for A4, and a separate emergency printer for each, so we can swap printers quickly in case of breakdown, so 4 altogether.Would it help matters if I lodged a bug report, along the lines of it’s difficult for developers to access the Printer Dialog?