Downloading 9.7.1

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jerry South

Downloading 9.7.1

Post by Jerry South »

Can I download it for no additional charge, or must I pay a fee? I see in the Apple App Store, it had a fee of $39.99. And do you think the installation will preserve all my keyboard shortcuts etc?JerryOn Aug 11, 2015, at 11:32 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Jerry,ah - the old 6.x was designed for 10.4.Please install the current 9.7.1 on your current MacOS.Thorsten [Attachment(s) from Jerry South included below]Thorsten, I’m an old time user. I’ve used 6.4.2 for years, because I have all sorts of shortcuts, and downloading upgrades seems to lose all my shortcut preferences.Recently, I upgraded my OS to Yosemite, and I just tried my GC 6.4.2, and the toolbox is full of GC icons, not the tool icons.Here’s a screenshot of what I see:<Screenshot 2015-08-11 11.27.55.jpg>How do I get this back right?Jerry South. 
thorstenlemke

Re: Downloading 9.7.1

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Jerry,do you have a valid license for GraphicConverter 9?Thorsten Can I download it for no additional charge, or must I pay a fee? I see in the Apple App Store, it had a fee of $39.99. And do you think the installation will preserve all my keyboard shortcuts etc?. 
Jerry South

Post by Jerry South »

No, not as far as I know . Only the older license.(GCV6-CBARKR-CCW). So does this mean I pay again?JerryOn Aug 11, 2015, at 11:41 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Jerry,do you have a valid license for GraphicConverter 9?Thorsten Can I download it for no additional charge, or must I pay a fee? I see in the Apple App Store, it had a fee of $39.99. And do you think the installation will preserve all my keyboard shortcuts etc?. 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Jerry,yes, version 9 is a paid upgrade (as written on the download page).But the version 6 is now really old (more than 6 years).Thorsten On 11.08.2015, at 17:44, Jerry South jcsouth1@cox.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:No, not as far as I know . Only the older license.(GCV6-….). So does this mean I pay again?Jerry
Jerry South

Post by Jerry South »

OK, thanks for your time.JerryOn Aug 11, 2015, at 11:48 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Jerry,yes, version 9 is a paid upgrade (as written on the download page).But the version 6 is now really old (more than 6 years).Thorsten On 11.08.2015, at 17:44, Jerry South jcsouth1@cox.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:No, not as far as I know . Only the older license.(GCV6-….). So does this mean I pay again?Jerry
dennis.chesters

Post by dennis.chesters »

I have kept GC 6.7.4 as well as the latest GC release, since it was the last version to nicely open 16-bit greyscale images in a viewable on-screen format.GC 6.7.4 still works with OS-X 10.10.4, although it made an unexpected request to re-install something that avoids showing the GC icon in all the menus. Sorry, I forget the details of that dialog after upgrading from OS-X 10.9.
Brian Christmas

Problem with text size in text draw

Post by Brian Christmas »

G’day allI’m trying to adjust the size of text in two text boxes by using ApplescriptObjectC.The printing size of the text seems to reduce as the image resolution increases, and I’m having trouble keeping the printed sizes the same for varying resolutions. I’m also ensuring that the minimum resolution is 300ppi. One font is a barcode font.If I recall correctly, many GC interactions ago there was a text command that printed text at actual size regardless of image resolution, but it seems to have disappeared.The variable ‘theRequiredChange’ sets the relative sizes of the text, but it doesn’t always come out the same size.Can anyone offer advice on how to set my code to print the same size text regardless of image resolution, please? RegardsSanta tell window 1 try set TheRes to resolution set resolutionChangeFlag to false if item 1 of TheRes < 300 then set item 1 of TheRes to 300 set resolutionChangeFlag to true end if if item 2 of TheRes < 300 then set item 2 of TheRes to 300 set resolutionChangeFlag to true end if if resolutionChangeFlag then change resolution to TheRes with resample # tell application "GraphicConverter 9" to activate do shell script ("sleep 0.2") tell application "System Events" to tell process "GraphicConverter 9" try click menu item "Flatten" of menu 1 of menu item "Alpha Channel" of menu 1 of menu bar item "Picture" of menu bar 1 end try end tell # tell application "GraphicConverter 9" to activate try trim end try set background color to {65535, 65535, 65535} set theRequiredChange to ((item 1 of TheRes) / 300 div 0.5) copy image dimension to {imageWidth, imageHeight} set rightMargin to 0 if imageWidth < (1600 * theRequiredChange) then set rightMargin to (1600 * theRequiredChange) - imageWidth end if set topMargin to 130 * theRequiredChange tell application "GraphicConverter 9" to activate change margins with {4, topMargin, rightMargin, 4} copy image dimension to {imageWidth, textVerticalPosition} # set textVerticalPosition to item 2 of (get image dimension) # tell application "GraphicConverter 9" to activate do shell script ("sleep 0.2") try draw text into text TempAttachmentName justification 0 color {0, 0, 0} box {10, textVerticalPosition - (120 * theRequiredChange), imageWidth, textVerticalPosition} font "IDAutomationHC39M" size (27 * theRequiredChange) end try tell application "GraphicConverter 9" to activate do shell script ("sleep 0.2") try draw text into text my PreserveFileName justification 0 color {0, 0, 0} box {(630 * theRequiredChange), textVerticalPosition - (120 * theRequiredChange), imageWidth, textVerticalPosition - (30 * theRequiredChange)} font "Times" size (50 * theRequiredChange) end try do shell script ("sleep 0.2") on error errmsg number errnum if errnum is not in {-1700, -1728} then tell application "System Events" to display dialog "Error in 'draw text into' in GraphicConverter " & errmsg & " number " & errnum giving up after 40 else # set my didItPrint to false return end if end try end tell
Robert Poland

Re: Problem with text size in text draw

Post by Robert Poland »

Attachments :Set Brightness HP j6480 NEW.app.zip> On Aug 12, 2015, at 5:23:PM, Brian Christmas ozsanta@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > > G’day all > > I’m trying to adjust the size of text in two text boxes by using ApplescriptObjectC. > > The printing size of the text seems to reduce as the image resolution increases, and I’m having trouble keeping the printed sizes the same for varying resolutions. I’m also ensuring that the minimum resolution is 300ppi. One font is a barcode font. > > If I recall correctly, many GC interactions ago there was a text command that printed text at actual size regardless of image resolution, but it seems to have disappeared. > > The variable ‘theRequiredChange’ sets the relative sizes of the text, but it doesn’t always come out the same size. > > Can anyone offer advice on how to set my code to print the same size text regardless of image resolution, please? > > Regards > > Santa Buried here near the end is how i did it back in 2010. Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Re: Problem with text size in text draw

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,just read the image resolution first and make the following calculation:realTextSize = wanted G’day allI’m trying to adjust the size of text in two text boxes by using ApplescriptObjectC.. 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,GC6 was designed for MacOS 10.4.Apple did change a lot of toolboxes.So, just use the 9.x on your current MacOS.It does display real 16 bit grayscale images. The 6.x always reducethe grays to 256.Thorsten I have kept GC 6.7.4 as well as the latest GC release, since it was the last version to nicely open 16-bit greyscale images in a viewable on-screen format.GC 6.7.4 still works with OS-X 10.10.4, although it made an unexpected request to re-install something that avoids showing the GC icon in all the menus. Sorry, I forget the details of that dialog after upgrading from OS-X 10.9.